Frequent Contributor

Dirty Torn Plastic Bags for $200 Item!!

This is getting pretty old!

Ordered Martha Stewart Faux Lamb Coat at $171 plus shipping/handling fees.  

I received the reorder for a smaller size in a dirty and torn plactic QVC bag.  Really people?  I had returned the identical coat in a medium and received it not only in a large clean box but the coat inside was nicely wrapped as well and NOT squashed thru miles of shipping.  SO I know this plastic bag is unacceptable for almost $200.  This is not up to Martha Stewart quality for shipping.  The coat is very well done and speaks exquisite in every way.

So disappointed in the cheapness and uncaring shipping patterns lately.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dirty Torn Plastic Bags for $200 Item!!

@Pawslover 

In the past, I have received dirty, torn bags with tire tracks on them.

Had to wonder, did they just add the tracks for shock value Cat LOL

It's a shame, really, but QVC is not alone in this practice.

Honored Contributor

@Pawslover. I have a thread in the Suggestions forum about sending items in flimsy bags. Just started it yesterday. You may want to add your thoughts to it. The Mods are supposed to monitor that forum often to pass along our suggestions to the appropriate Q staff who can do something about them.
Honored Contributor

I'm thinking your first coat was from stock and the second was from the returns dept.  

Super Contributor

I realize most won' t like the reply I am going to give, but QVC, is really not responsible for what happens during shipping. As a former purchasing agent, I shipped thousands of items using Fed Ex , UPS and frieght haulers.  We did every thing we could to wrap and ensure our items would arrive in good condition.   But once the items are handed off to the shipper it was out of our control. The shipping companies were the ones that almost destroyed your package,  not QVC.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pegomyheart wrote:

I realize most won' t like the reply I am going to give, but QVC, is really not responsible for what happens during shipping. As a former purchasing agent, I shipped thousands of items using Fed Ex , UPS and frieght haulers.  We did every thing we could to wrap and ensure our items would arrive in good condition.   But once the items are handed off to the shipper it was out of our control. The shipping companies were the ones that almost destroyed your package,  not QVC.

@pegomyheart 

QVC is ultimately responsible for their merchandise.  As much as they sell and send out, like Amazon, they could insist on it being done properly.  Do Neiman-Marcus or Nordstrom packages arrive in this condition at that high price?  No.  I even receive inexpensive, $20 scarf packages from Amazon that are better cared for than a $200 coat from QVC.  

Bottom line, if you cannot guarantee better service, then get out of the business of selling.  I receive boxes of candy and cookies from Ghiaradelli, and not a piece is broken.

In other words, if it is bagged up like a bag of garbage, the transfer company will treat it like garbage.

Frequent Contributor

Sad to say I do believe it was a return,  No paper covering buttons like the first coat and had an odor.  

Tire tracks are the worst!  Love that post.  Been there.

I even received sponges in better condition and boxed NOT bagged.

Hate to pay return fees to requst another coat.

Honored Contributor

@Pawslover. Your thread in the suggestion forum was deleted as a duplicate. I hadn't meant, in my suggestion above, for you to post your same thread there but rather to express your dismay about your package under my thread there.
Respected Contributor

@Pawslover 

You do not have to pay return or shipping fees. Check the box for "damaged".

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only time I receive dirty, torn bags is when they are delivered by UPS.   The also have tracks that look like tire tracks, but I think they are probably from a conveyor belt.   

I am sure they leave QVC in a new clean bag.  When the package is delivered by the post office, the bag is totally clean and reuseable if a return is necessary.

The fault for the dirty bags does not belong to QVC but to UPS.

But I have noticed that QVC must have changed vendors for their bags.  Both the outer mailing bag and the plastic bag the item is wrapped in are more flimsy then they were last year.  Also the perforated area is not really perforated and the bag then tears as you open it.  The inner bag also tears when you open it instead of being able to unstick the closure flap.  Must have went out for bid and QVC took the company with the lowest bid.