Respected Contributor

Re: Dillards One day sale today only 1/1 .... 50% off clearance

yes @Pearlee i am elite member and use my amex, but it's not their card.  i still get the free shipping though.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

yes @Pearlee i am elite member and use my amex, but it's not their card.  i still get the free shipping though.

@ladyroxanne  My AmEx said Dillards on it - so why isn't it their card?  (I recently canceled it).   It had been only Dillards years ago but they replaced mine with one that said Dillards but is an AmEx.  I'm not sure what you mean in your post.  ?

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

i have a regular old amex and when i shopped at dillards online the first time they asked me if i wanted to be an elite member.  i said yes.  now i get free shipping.  that's been about 3 years ago.

Honored Contributor

Pearley...I don't buy enough from Dillards to get the free shipping.  We have one 2 hours away in Southern Indiana--right near Louisivlle, but I've only been there once or twice.  I find Dillards prices to be very high.  I'm not one of those who finds great deals there.  I only find the Jan 1 sales to be great online.   

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

not fashion but I purchased some beautiful home (Lenox ornaments and linens) at 75% off! Our Dillards is not stocked (as it's the last surviving  anchor store in our closest mall).

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

I bought one pair of Vince Camuto boots.  I hate paying their shipping.

@winamac1If you have a Dillards charge card and spend X amount per year to be an elite member (I forgot how much but it isn't that much - I was one for a long time - it's an Am Ex card and I think you can use if for other stuff at other places to get the qualifying amount) then they charge you the S&H initially but refund it back to your card so it's free.

@winamac1 ... I hate the shipping charges too. That is interesting about free shipping with elite membership.  I might have to look into it.  I too, only buy once or twice a year at the clearance sales.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

Pearley...I don't buy enough from Dillards to get the free shipping.  We have one 2 hours away in Southern Indiana--right near Louisivlle, but I've only been there once or twice.  I find Dillards prices to be very high.  I'm not one of those who finds great deals there.  I only find the Jan 1 sales to be great online.   

@winamac1    With their Am Ex card they sent me, I got points for using it at any other places - not Dillards - even for gas.  the points added up to where I qualified for Eite status at Dillards and got the free S&H.  There isn't even a Dillard's in the city where I live, so I rarely shopped there!  Kinda like the Costco AmEx card. You can use it anywhere but you get more points when you use it at Costco. Still the points go into the same pool to determine your card status. So, when I did shop online at Dillards (which was most of the way I shopped there) I did get free S&H.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@winamac1    With their Am Ex card they sent me, I got points for using it at any other places - not Dillards - even for gas.  the points added up to where I qualified for Eite status at Dillards and got the free S&H.  There isn't even a Dillard's in the city where I live, so I rarely shopped there!  Kinda like the Costco AmEx card. You can use it anywhere but you get more points when you use it at Costco. Still the points go into the same pool to determine your card status. So, when I did shop online at Dillards (which was most of the way I shopped there) I did get free S&H.

Thanks!  I get it.  I use a Marriott Rewards Visa for most items or I'd probably go for this to qualify for Elite status.  I don't buy much from Dillards due to the s/h.  Plus, the prices are super high unless I can get in on these Jan 1 sales.

Thanks though!  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 You are welcome.  And another thing, when I got to 1500 points, you get a "bonus certificate" where you could choose either $10 off one item OR getting an additional 10% (or maybe it was 15% - can't remember now) off an entire day's worth of purchase, both in-store and online and it was good on clearance too.  I made out like a bandit on those days - the additonal 40% off clearance days plus my additional 10% or whatever it was.  Cheap cheap cheap!

My mom lived near a Dillards in Florida so that's when I shopped there in person but as I say, I used it online too and got the free  S&H (I like a brand they carry - Bryn Walker - which is much like LOGO so I shopped online for that).  After my mother passed away,  I canceled my card.

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Dillards~!  I went back on the lst and everything I had scoped out was gone... but I got a Fossil watch in rose gold (stainless steel) and only paid $30 something for it (was $199).  When I got home I went on Dillard's on line and found a Pendleton's cape (not too long, in an Indian blanket design) and ordered it~!  (From $399 to $150).... I'm so jazzed....  Woman LOL

Love Dillards.... it's the only decent hsopping we have here.

I swear I should get a job there..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*