Esteemed Contributor

Re: Did you wear these back in the day?...

@jellyBEAN  That's the first thing I thought of, Janis Joplin!!!  LOL  I loved her.......

I wore bell bottoms and hip huggers in the late 70's but don't remember any of them looking like these!  

Honored Contributor

Oh yes! I very much was a 70's gal! I wore hipster, bell bottom jeans. Short little colorful tops, braless, platform sandals, long straight hair parted down the middle. Everything you see in the movies, was exactly how I dressed. Loved it! Heart

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

I had a pair of white crochet (lined in nude) hip hugger bell bottoms with a matching crop top,  Thinking back, the outfit was rather revealing.Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I wore bell bottoms in jeans, corduroy, and twill, but nothing this extreme. 

Respected Contributor

i knew some girls in HS who wore the big wide bells and tight upper leg. i had no idea where they got those jeans but when i was a teen the closest mall was 50 miles from us. gasoline shortages and whatnot.

then a friend from work, decades later said that she would use a seam ripper  to open the seam in the thigh part of the jeans and re-sew them so they would fit skin tight and the bell would flare out.

Valued Contributor

I not only never wore them I never saw them Except maybe on Cher on the Sunny & Cher show!

Respected Contributor

OK, now I can't get the song out of my head:  If you're going to San Francisco be sure to wear some flowers in your hair

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

At first glance, that looked like the mantilla I used to wear on my head at churchanimated-shocked-smiley-image-0065.gif lol.

No, I didn't wear those, and don't know anyone who did. I'd never even seen them before now.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF  I used my mom's leftover slipcover material (flowers) to alter my bellbottoms. They looked like your second pic. And, I made some like your third pic. Good times!

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF   

Looking at the pics in Post 7 tells me where LOGO's inspiration came from.