Honored Contributor

Re: Did you wear these back in the day?...

I lived in Hollywood at that time.......and those pictured pants are "over the top"...........something you might see worn by a rock club performer.     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

No...but I remember them...LOL

Honored Contributor

I stayed away from bells I am far too short to look good in them

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wore elephant bells but they were not made of lace.  Im not a lace type then or now.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I had some bell bottom jeans and slacks that had some big flares on them but none that big!  Wow!  I remember I had this one pair with red and white checks --- large checks, mind you ---- bell bottoms!  Oh, my gosh --- I cringe even now thinking about it!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

No. Never was a fan of bell bottom pants.
Esteemed Contributor

I think I saw Cher wearing some like that on her TV show.   I wore big bells back in the early 70's, but not that big.  I bought denim bells and then would embroider flowers and sayings all over them -- no lace or crochet, tho.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Elephant bells.  No, I never wore those, but I did luv my Landlubber bells.  Low rise, button front bellbottoms.  Couldn't get enough of 'em.

Some of the photos look like new incarnations of the elephant bells.  The ones with the kitchen curtains sewn on the bottom are extra "special".  lol

Only person I think I can recall wearing pants like these is Janis Joplin.  She could get away w/all the trends back then because she was, well, Janis Joplin!  Woman Happy

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

I had that exact same belt thats in the picture with the white shirt! 😂

Me too, @Azcowgirl .  I think I actually still have it somewhere around here..........Woman Wink

@MacDUFF  I wore super flared jeans, but without any insets of fabric.  I have always been a "clean" jean wearer and still am to this day.  Also only boot cut, no straight leg or crop, ankle, or any other configuration.  Wow, I am boring.......Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

I wore bell bottoms and back in my junior high home ec class, I made a pair of Elephant Bell Pants out of Gray Corduroy.  Every time I wore them I thought I was so COOL....LOL!

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown