Honored Contributor

Re: Did you order any Linea tonight?

On 1/20/2015 TheOwl said:

I'm smiling at our own Inspector Goldie Clueso Smiley Happy Very cute and thoughtful of you Goldie breaking out the flashlight. I agree with Goldie. I think these new cardigans - both the PP and the Charcoal are perfect matches to other whisper knit pieces in this color. I love that. But I also like the PP not as a set. It's dynamite as an "accent" color to a stone column of color, a charcoal grey column of color, a white column of color or a black column of color. I had to spring for the butter yellow - another color I find as delicious as the perfectly pink - both in the shirt and in the open front cardigan. I pretty much passed on the open front cardi - preferring the later longer cardi with the signature gold or gunmetal or silver buttons which I got in every color ultimately. But that butter shirt and butter cardi looked fantastic on Jackie. I thought she looked "radiant"! Already have and love the charcoal turtle and the charcoal cardigan.

Owl, I agree with you about how resplendent Jackie looked in the butter combo. It did remind me of one of your posts in which you, a blonde, wrote of your fondness for the color butter. I wondered if you were watching and moved to buy the shirt.

I remember thinking that any blonde who doesn't but the two pieces is missing out on a gorgeous look.

Valued Contributor

How sweet of you to remember my coloring Smiley Happy And you were right that I was indeed moved by the look! I purchased TWO of the butter whisper knit sleeveless mock necks when they came out last year Smiley Happy The only other "butter" I have from Louis is a nautical cardi he did some years ago in butter yellow. It has gold nautical knot buttons and a stand collar and is just gorgeous. Back then I also bought the same cardi (it was done in cotton) in Louis' signature navy which looks smashing with his butter yellow also. Witness Jackie in the navy leggings with the butter tops going on. For me, butter yellow is one of those colors that "makes my mouth water" if you know what I mean.

Respected Contributor

On 1/20/2015 Goldie76 said:
On 1/20/2015 TheOwl said:

I'm smiling at our own Inspector Goldie Clueso Smiley Happy Very cute and thoughtful of you Goldie breaking out the flashlight. I agree with Goldie. I think these new cardigans - both the PP and the Charcoal are perfect matches to other whisper knit pieces in this color. I love that. But I also like the PP not as a set. It's dynamite as an "accent" color to a stone column of color, a charcoal grey column of color, a white column of color or a black column of color. I had to spring for the butter yellow - another color I find as delicious as the perfectly pink - both in the shirt and in the open front cardigan. I pretty much passed on the open front cardi - preferring the later longer cardi with the signature gold or gunmetal or silver buttons which I got in every color ultimately. But that butter shirt and butter cardi looked fantastic on Jackie. I thought she looked "radiant"! Already have and love the charcoal turtle and the charcoal cardigan.

Owl, I agree with you about how resplendent Jackie looked in the butter combo. It did remind me of one of your posts in which you, a blonde, wrote of your fondness for the color butter. I wondered if you were watching and moved to buy the shirt.

I remember thinking that any blonde who doesn't but the two pieces is missing out on a gorgeous look.

Goldie, you now have me convinced I need to own this butter yellow color, just when I was trying to be more restrained! lol I heard Louis say something along those lines, too...great minds think alike. I have no yellow in my wardrobe at all, always thinking it would blend too much with blonde hair. So, this is a first.

I'm ordering the shirt, but I'm not wild about the open front cardigan. I have it in black & white and seldom wear them--I don't like the shorter (on me) length. I wish the button front cardie came in butter yellow...I love that sweater.