Valued Contributor

Re: Did you hear MBR say Lisa Mason is returning?

What I find interesting is almost all the hosts END UP coming back. Well that is not true, now that I think about it, Jane Tracey and her have come back. I wonder if in say 9-10 years if Lisa will be right back at QVC.

Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Q4U said:
On 4/8/2015 fthunt said:

Just asking....did her manner of sugar and sweetness ever get to you after a while?

No because it was never "over done" or insincere, just an occasional manner of speaking.... I liked it. I like her. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

She mixes in a bit of sauciness, which makes it more endearing imo. She's a nice presence. Some of the newer hosts are so hyper they annoy me and I turn the tv off. Not saying they're "less than," it comes down to personal taste.

Yankee, all is good.

Smile

Trusted Contributor

I used to enjoy Lisa and her brand of humor back when she was on. I'm glad she's returning. I agree, many of the hosts they have now are young, yes but their voices aren't trained or they are just too hyper and over the top.

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 fthunt said:

Just asking....did her manner of sugar and sweetness ever get to you after a while?

Yes. I'll probably get skewered for this but I wasn't a Lisa M. fan at all. When she was on with Mally, between the 2 of them the show was unwatchable. I also thought she could come across as very sarcastic and cutting.

I'm beyond thrilled that her husband has overcome his illness. That is fantastic to hear about. I'm just not on the "giddy with excitement" bandwagon over this.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Lisa M. fan either.

I think she's going to lay it on thick more than ever now. Ugh...

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Buttercup - aka BC said:
On 4/8/2015 Q4U said:
On 4/8/2015 fthunt said:

No because it was never "over done" or insincere, just an occasional manner of speaking.... I liked it. I like her. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

She mixes in a bit of sauciness, which makes it more endearing imo. She's a nice presence. Some of the newer hosts are so hyper they annoy me and I turn the tv off. Not saying they're "less than," it comes down to personal taste.

Yankee, all is good.

Smile

Exactly. I couldn't agree more.

Trusted Contributor

I knew she was returning but I didn't know when. So thanks to the OP for the information. I always enjoyed her as a host. I'm glad she's returning.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Super Contributor

On 4/8/2015 RetRN said:
On 4/8/2015 Chrystaltree said:

You're late to the party, we've all know that for weeks now.

Must you always be so nasty? Not everyone who claims to work has time to be on these boards all the time.

Two wrongs don't make a right. I've noticed a pattern of you, RetRN, consistently attacking this poster.

Respected Contributor

On 4/8/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 4/8/2015 fthunt said:

Yes. I'll probably get skewered for this but I wasn't a Lisa M. fan at all. When she was on with Mally, between the 2 of them the show was unwatchable. I also thought she could come across as very sarcastic and cutting.

I'm beyond thrilled that her husband has overcome his illness. That is fantastic to hear about. I'm just not on the "giddy with excitement" bandwagon over this.

Yes, same here.

Esteemed Contributor

It will be nice to see Lisa M on a Diamonique show!