Respected Contributor

Re: Did the new shipping policy affect your Linea buying today?

Honestly, it didn't influence me one way or the other. First, You can't buy Linea in brick & mortar stores, so there is no alternative. Plus, I hate shopping in brick & mortar stores and I figure it I did do so, there is the cost of my time and transportation. So, bottom line. I guess my philosophy is: "it is what it is"....

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Super Contributor

Sheesh you raise valid points, and I did end up ordering my sweaters today. However, to be forced to decide between standard shipping I know adds days if not a week to my delivery time or UPS I know works better for me was not too painful at a few dollars more and half price for additional items. At $9.00 versus what was $13.50 UPS now being $20.16 it crosses a serious line for me. Agreed that for some, such as Millieshops, where standard shipping works, it may be okay. For those who can only do UPS or straight USPS it's a huge increase. And no "Click Here" measurements to help with sizing and avoid returns ... inexcusable.

Regular Contributor

Yes, shipping charges and the return policy coupled with lack of garment measurements caused me to cancel my order today. (Thank you to JJM for posting measurements for the Milano knit sweater. Unfortunately, my risk is in the shoulder seam and sleeve length, where no info was available.) Standard shipping has not been reliable to my address and was very very very slow, so I almost always use USPS. Now they want $11.47 to mail one item to me! That is about a $2 to $3 increase for the initial item, compared to a week ago. And I would be at risk of losing that amount plus $7 more if the sweater jacket does not fit. Then, another $9.50 to $13 per item for mailing? NO, no, no. I love my Linea but this is just ridiculous.

Contributor

CathyRD, you are right. I often upgrade to UPS Blue because with standard shipping it takes orders so very long to get to me; and it helps me to have a little more control over when packages will arrive. The upgrade was expensive, but with half off of additional items, and having my original shipping refunded if necessary, it was an option. I hope the new system works for most shoppers. As Sheesh says, "it is what it is!"

Regular Contributor

No, I view the shipping as a cost of the item and I think I am still getting a good value for money. The cardigan jacket was about $70 (with tax and shipping) and a similar item could cost anywhere from at least $100 more to hundreds more. I've been very impressed by the quality of my Linea items since my first purchase in June 2014 and even better, most of my Linea items do NOT require dry cleaning!! Edited to add that I really dislike shopping in stores or malls so I am willing to wait a few days for my items to arrive.
Respected Contributor

FYI, the "Southern Channel" credits me the amount of the Return Charge in Spendable Cash---a WIN WIN. Why can't the Q ever get it right? It appears that the Q bean counters are making "bottom line $" based decisions---but it should be all about the Sales & Marketing---increasing sales and revenue.

Also, why aren't they taking a page from Amazon's book and offering a "Prime" type account where for a yearly fee, you get free shipping. I'd jump on that in a heart beat.

There does not appear to be many forward thinking people running the Q---they are always "a day late and a dollar short"---and they are trying to make up those dollars in shipping fees---but they have only succeeded in alienating their loyal customer base. I bet they put a lot of time and effort into this wrong headed decision, too.

Respected Contributor

I found the absence of "click here" measurements troubling and I think it may have been a buying deterrent or created confusion, especially for a Linea cardigan/sweater the designer said we needed to double check the sizing on. Those of us who like Linea probably took a chance (as I did) and ordered anyway. The risk is the return rate will be high, which is not a good thing for the customer or the designer. And, of course, we will pay both ways.

Sheesh, I sent you an email...

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Vivian said: The shipping policy had no effect. I bought nothing because QVC is ruining Louis's line. Just take a look at what was offered a few years ago...beautiful designs, natural fibers, excellent workmanship. I know what Louis is capable of offering. I also know the price those of us who fought to keep Linea at QVC are now paying. Gone is the originality dquality. Pretty soon all lines at QVC will look like D&C, likely made in the same factory overseas. I'm really disappointed with QVC. I know it's not Louis's fault. Casual can be classy but the brass at QVC haven't a clue.

I did purchase the navy sweater jacket but I completely agree with you. I still purchase WK and the occasional jacket but that is all. The rest is just disappointing but evidently there is a market for it.

Super Contributor

I ordered four jewelry late in the day on the 30th, they shipped on the 31st (in separate envelops) and I received them on the 4th - not bad.

I like the new policy. I think it will hurt the chronic returners or people who buy multiples. I hate being on a wait list and getting people's returns. I imagine the Q lost a lot of money during the holidays because of their holiday return policy.

Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2015 GraceCO said:

I found the absence of "click here" measurements troubling and I think it may have been a buying deterrent or created confusion, especially for a Linea cardigan/sweater the designer said we needed to double check the sizing on. Those of us who like Linea probably took a chance (as I did) and ordered anyway. The risk is the return rate will be high, which is not a good thing for the customer or the designer. And, of course, we will pay both ways.

Sheesh, I sent you an email...

Got it..........