Respected Contributor

Re: Did the new shipping policy affect your Linea buying today?

I didn't buy anything today. I won't buy clothes without measurements and I don't think people realize this but the online website says the exchange is the same. It's not. There is no more exchange. You send your item back, pay full freight and then you will basically be buying a new one. You will be charged S&H and you will pay to send it back. You have until Feb 17 to get the old exchange policy.

No matter how much I measure Linea, the only line I really order from, I still sometimes have a sizing problem.

Linea was on today. I didn't buy anything. I wanted one item but shopping should be fun not a stressful experience.

Honored Contributor

Didn't affect me and will not affect me going forward.

I tend to buy one item at a time and since the shipping costs less than it used to be to begin with, I expect my overall cost to be less than it used to.

Yes, I suppose if people were shoppers who ordered lots of multiples and return lots of stuff, they will pay more. About time and if it makes them more careful shoppers, all the better.

I'm all in favor of the new policy - I apparently have been paying extra so that others could profit from paying less --- because you do know, there's no free lunch -- WE are paying -- love the way "free" shippers have been able to brainwash consumers!

Trusted Contributor

It has been a looooong time since I have bought anything but Linea and Irish sweaters from QVC. They have already lost a lot of business from me for Christmas, wedding, and birthday gifts and the like.

My size in both Linea and the Irish sweaters is pretty consistent and a return is a very rare event for me. But I have as yet to see how efficient the "new" shipping will be. I suspect that with the new process, shipping will be even longer than it usually is.

Would I buy Linea and the Irish sweaters elsewhere if available? In a heartbeat. Would I buy the quality of earlier Linea at an increased price? In a heartbeat as well.

Super Contributor

Yes, I was only willing to order something that I knew would fit. The sizing here is way too inconsistent for this return policy to benefit anybody but QVC. Yes, customers have been asking for lower shipping costs, but not at the price of expensive returns, and the inability to choose special shipping options. They are taking more than they're giving away. Too bad. I'm not really willing to try anything new at this point unless it's last clicks and I'm already saving a bundle. Too expensive.
Super Contributor

Lavendar, YES!
Valued Contributor

I read and understand the "new" shipping rules, but judging by the people who say "oh you are never happy" they are the ones that dont really understand the implications of not getting the original shipping back.

They will understand it the first time they return something.

Super Contributor

I do agree the discounted shipping will benefit the shopper who only buys one garment in an order, and only ever uses Standard Shipping. For the rest of us it's a huge increase in costs. And no, we do not all order lots of multiples and return lots of stuff ... we do order multiple items though, and return very little, and it's going to cost us a lot more.

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Barbara in Virginia said:

It has been a looooong time since I have bought anything but Linea and Irish sweaters from QVC. They have already lost a lot of business from me for Christmas, wedding, and birthday gifts and the like.

My size in both Linea and the Irish sweaters is pretty consistent and a return is a very rare event for me. But I have as yet to see how efficient the "new" shipping will be. I suspect that with the new process, shipping will be even longer than it usually is.

Would I buy Linea and the Irish sweaters elsewhere if available? In a heartbeat. Would I buy the quality of earlier Linea at an increased price? In a heartbeat as well.

Why would that happen? I thought it was the price changing, not the process.

Where I live the timing is actually quite good - better than a letter as a matter of fact. I get mail from not too far from West Chester on a fairly regular basis and it's often 5 days for an ordinary envelope!

UPS is absolutely no better than USPS for me - so I never upgrade.

Honored Contributor

loving what hsn is doing now if you have an hsn card. when you have a return and have used your hsn card as payment and use the prepaid label for your return, they give you the value of the return label back as spendable kash.

they are still refunding original shipping AND have buy more save more on shipping.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2015 lianne said:

I read and understand the "new" shipping rules, but judging by the people who say "oh you are never happy" they are the ones that dont really understand the implications of not getting the original shipping back.

They will understand it the first time they return something.

Or want an item sooner than that provided by the $3.00 shipping option. I'm hoping those who order report back on how long it took for their order to be received once shipped.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat