Trusted Contributor

Re: Did the new shipping policy affect your Linea buying today?

On 2/10/2015 DiAnne said:
On 2/10/2015 breee said:

It will affect my future purchases from QVC. I am between an xs and s. I ordered the teal and raspberry sleeveless dresses last summer in small and they were too large, yet in the maxi dresses the summer before I wear a small.

This year I ordered the black peacoat in small and kept wondering if I should have ordered the x-small. Eventually I ordered the x-small and it fits great. I ordered the x-small aubergine in the older animal print jacket and though it fit the sleeves were too short.

Then I decided to order the Isaac Mizrahi Live Soft Shell Jacket with hood. So based on my experience with the black peacoat I ordered the x-small. It did kinda fit but felt too restricting when buttoned. So I exchanged it for the small and it fits great.

Back to Linea items. Okay I normally order small in tops and jackets. I do not like tightly fitted but not baggy either. So even though I could possibly order x-small in whisper knits I order small. The new pullover V-neck A259108 in small was so loose I could have probably put two of me in there. I love the wk V-neck and always get it in small. The new aubergine knit jacket in small fit perfectly. The aubergine wk pencil skirt in small needed more hips, so I asked for an exchange in x-small. That exchange did not happen.

When I went to reorder it I realized the price was increased by $3.00. So to reorder it cost $3.00 more plus full shipping as in my original order I had the s&h discount. I know I could probably call and ask for an adjustment, but its just not worth it to me.

But in seeing that increase I began looking at other items I purchased in December and noticed many price increases. I think this was done prior to the now lowered $3.00 s&h to make up the difference.

Examples of this:

A259261 was $109.00 now $117.00

A259859 was $49.87 now $59.00

A217629 was $44.00 now $46.50

A259108 was $46.00 now $49.00

A224938 was $69.50 now $72.00

So it really bothers me that they increased prices prior to lowering shipping costs!

Does this surprise anyone? I think you are paying for shipping at most stores that advertise free shipping because the are adding the price to the item. No free lunch!

No, your wrong about that. I do a lot of shopping at Nordstrom who has a free shipping and return policy on everything. The major high end department stores carry a lot of the same brands and price them the same. So if Nordstrom has a sale and the same Ralph Lauren blazer is $100.00 cheaper than all the other stores and I'm also getting free shipping, which some of the other stores don't offer, then it's a win win. Qvc rips their customers off like crazy and my purchases are down to a minimum now.
Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 imaclotheshog said:
On 2/9/2015 gardensla said:

Yes, it did.

First there were no garment measurements given for the new sweater/jacket making it impossible to select my correct size. If I have to look at the cut, the fabric, the amount of stretch, and make a best guess about my size and get it wrong and have to pay $3.00 in non-returnable shipping costs plus $7 to return, this is not a gamble I wish to take. This holds true for other items as well, primarily those from new designers where I have no experience with fit.

It is regressive and consumer unfriendly to shift all of the risk onto the consumer.

ITA on all you said especially the last sentence. This is SO not what QVC was all about in the beginning. They were all about the opposite-- giving the customer NO RISK in shopping with them. That is why they were so successful, that is what made them different. Now as someone said they are just like everyone else. Sad.

Imaclotheshog.... you nailed it! They USED to truly be about quality, service, in many cases value, customer consideration and trust. When they sold something, you knew the quality was there, and the item went through vigorous testing. You can toss that out the window. It hasn't been like that in YEARS.... Y-E-A-R-S. They are the Walmart of online/TV shopping. Thankfully there are still a few good things offered (Linea line), but very few. They are also so boring and predictable now.... unlike many years ago. They lost most of my business.

G... agree as well. Deciding on the correct size is even more of a guessing game now, since sizing is not standardized, even in the same line, and measurements are often missing (even when you call CS). With this new policy, that's going to get expensive.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/9/2015 CathyRD said:

The Shipping discounted price is $3.00 now for clothing, yes. Sounds good, but it's not the whole story for many of us, it's a thinly disguised shipping INCREASE. Two weeks ago, I ordered 3 Linea items. Shipping on each of $6.72 standard or UPS. Now, I can't and won't use standard shipping; it takes either an extra week, or just never shows up at all; lost between post offices. So, I always selected UPS; in most cases the same price or a dolllar or so more than standard, and still got the discounted half price on 2nd and 3rd garment. So full price shipping for all 3 would have been $20.16; with the discount, I paid $13.40. This week discounted standard shipping would have been $9.00, making a savings of $4.40 EXCEPT I can't do standard shipping.

NOW with the new "discounts???", there is no longer a half price on the 2nd, 3rd etc. garments. So today if I ordered the same 3 garments UPS, I would have paid the full $20.16 shipping instead of $9.00. Guess we can see where the discounted shipping savings are coming from. And UPS hasn't raised their rates; gas is down etc. ... this just moved money from one place to another.

Returns ... well, two weeks ago, if I returned a garment, I paid for the original shipping, and the return shipping. Q credited back the cost of the garment plus the cost of the original shipping; that will no longer happen. So if there's a return, you'll pay original shipping and the returns shipping; no cost savings at all. And I am a very careful considered shopper, obsessive measurer with infrequent returns ...

Yes, this is affecting me to the point of not being willing to shop here any longer.

You are so right. It's a thinly disguised increase. Chrystaltree, I purchased a ton of items in the past 8 years. So maybe you think it's not important, but how much do you purchase? If you only make a few purchases a year, then of course we seem silly to you. If you purchase multiple items in one order and don't get the half off, then it makes a difference, and the biggest factor is the no refund of your original shipping. I think QVC has made a ton of money with high shipping charges over the years. It's not like Amazon or other places where you get the item quickly either. Sometimes it takes 8-10 days for me to get an item. I often upgrade to UPS too, because the USPS takes much longer than UPS. I just ordered a dress and I'm always either an XS or Small. Now, I feel reluctant to keep the order. I have to guess on every garment because they are all over the place size wise.

Respected Contributor

On 2/10/2015 imaclotheshog said:

Yes, it did.

First there were no garment measurements given for the new sweater/jacket making it impossible to select my correct size. If I have to look at the cut, the fabric, the amount of stretch, and make a best guess about my size and get it wrong and have to pay $3.00 in non-returnable shipping costs plus $7 to return, this is not a gamble I wish to take. This holds true for other items as well, primarily those from new designers where I have no experience with fit.

It is regressive and consumer unfriendly to shift all of the risk onto the consumer.

ITA on all you said especially the last sentence. This is SO not what QVC was all about in the beginning. They were all about the opposite-- giving the customer NO RISK in shopping with them. That is why they were so successful, that is what made them different. Now as someone said they are just like everyone else. Sad.

ITA with all you & Gardensia have said. And, at a time when the retail industry is moving towards free shipping and returns to increase customer satisfaction & ease-of-purchase, QVC is moving in the OPPOSITE direction!

I sure wish Linea were available elsewhere...

Honored Contributor

On 2/11/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 2/10/2015 breee said:

It will affect my future purchases from QVC. I am between an xs and s. I ordered the teal and raspberry sleeveless dresses last summer in small and they were too large, yet in the maxi dresses the summer before I wear a small.

This year I ordered the black peacoat in small and kept wondering if I should have ordered the x-small. Eventually I ordered the x-small and it fits great. I ordered the x-small aubergine in the older animal print jacket and though it fit the sleeves were too short.

Then I decided to order the Isaac Mizrahi Live Soft Shell Jacket with hood. So based on my experience with the black peacoat I ordered the x-small. It did kinda fit but felt too restricting when buttoned. So I exchanged it for the small and it fits great.

Back to Linea items. Okay I normally order small in tops and jackets. I do not like tightly fitted but not baggy either. So even though I could possibly order x-small in whisper knits I order small. The new pullover V-neck A259108 in small was so loose I could have probably put two of me in there. I love the wk V-neck and always get it in small. The new aubergine knit jacket in small fit perfectly. The aubergine wk pencil skirt in small needed more hips, so I asked for an exchange in x-small. That exchange did not happen.

When I went to reorder it I realized the price was increased by $3.00. So to reorder it cost $3.00 more plus full shipping as in my original order I had the s&h discount. I know I could probably call and ask for an adjustment, but its just not worth it to me.

But in seeing that increase I began looking at other items I purchased in December and noticed many price increases. I think this was done prior to the now lowered $3.00 s&h to make up the difference.

Examples of this:

So it really bothers me that they increased prices prior to lowering shipping costs!

Does this surprise anyone? I think you are paying for shipping at most stores that advertise free shipping because the are adding the price to the item. No free lunch!

No, your wrong about that. I do a lot of shopping at Nordstrom who has a free shipping and return policy on everything. The major high end department stores carry a lot of the same brands and price them the same. So if Nordstrom has a sale and the same Ralph Lauren blazer is $100.00 cheaper than all the other stores and I'm also getting free shipping, which some of the other stores don't offer, then it's a win win. Qvc rips their customers off like crazy and my purchases are down to a minimum now.

I also shop often at Nordstrom and Neimans online (that is why I said most and not all). I have looked up other items at various sites and many times if the site had free shipping the item costs more at that site.

Trusted Contributor

It's definitely affecting my future purchases. I'm between small and XS in Linea. I sometimes order both before they sell out. Different garments fit different. Material is a factor also. I won't be ordering both sizes now. If I order a small and need XS I won't be reordering. I will ship the small back and be done with it. Save money and save hassles. More HSN for me, where I can order a garment that fits my body and feel good about it.
Trusted Contributor

I also will be thinking twice about a purchase. I get free or reduced shipping at many sites, and real sale prices.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, it did.

You said it well. It's kind of the one step forward, two steps back mentality. Why do you want to punish your customer QVC? I am going to say this as clearly and practically as I can. Clothing is very difficult to buy sight un seen, and not tried on. With all the variables of sizing these days, how are we , the consumer suppose to have any faith in anything we order? I just ordered two Diane Gilman Boot Cut Jeans for the very first time, same exact size and style, just different colors and one was tight fitting and the other was loose fitting. So go figure! I really believe all this so called shipping rate policy is going to turn more people off and the Q will suffer, loose customers and no longer be the #1 shopping channel.

Esteemed Contributor

Did you know that Nordstroms will price match? twice I have found items on sale at other web sites (Macy's and Dillards) that were carried at Nordstroms and not on sale. I called Nordstrom And gave them the information on the item and sale pricing and they placed a order for me at the sale price the other stores were offering. They didn't even need to verify what I was saying was correct. They just took my word for it and of course I got the free shipping from them. What a store!
Trusted Contributor

On 2/11/2015 DiAnne said:
On 2/11/2015 Danielle46 said:
On 2/10/2015 breee said:

Examples of this:

I also shop often at Nordstrom and Neimans online (that is why I said most and not all). I have looked up other items at various sites and many times if the site had free shipping the item costs more at that site.

The nice thing is that it is easier than ever to price compare and takes no time at all. Often I am able to get not only free shipping but also lower prices than what is offered on QVC, which is why I shop less and less. I still get some items,like Linea, which I cannot get elsewhere but Linea basics are starting to take over my closet so QVC is getting less and less of my money with each passing month. So many great places to shop! It is definitely a buyers market out there.