Honored Contributor

Did anyone see Coleen Lopez's show last night??

I watched parts of it and she really had some cute fashions on there,all with Flex Pay too. I am seriously considering the fringe cardigan-very cute and nice color choices too. There was a really cute dress, but I am afraid it would look best on someone rather tall and slim.......I was going back and forth between her show and Philosophy show!!!!!!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: Did anyone see Coleen Lopez's show last night??

I did.  I liked some stuff and didn't like some stuff which is true for every line.

I have her That's So French poncho and I love it.  I actually wear it a lot belted.  I also have one of her plain peasant tops from a number of years ago. Last night's emroidered version really didn't appeal to me.

I have quite a few pieces from her line over the years and some of it I find to be horribly overpriced.  I have gotten some very good deals waiting for markdowns and have found with a lot of the items, the marked down prices are more in line with what the prices should have been from the get go.

I liked her styles in the past much better.  When Colleen lost weight, her line changed which is to be expected.  Now most of her dresses are very form fitting, poly/spandex blend and too short for me.  You either have to be willing to wear a shaper under those dresses or be lean.  Even that one longer, cold shoulder dress that her DIL modeled last night IMO didn't flatter Christie and she's tiny.  Many of Colleen's tops are too short for me too.  They aren't officially a crop top but I need more length for me to comfortably wear them.

I liked the fringe open front cardigan but again, wish it had been longer in the back.  I liked the one dress with the hardware at the neck but it's just too short for me.     

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I did.  I liked some stuff and didn't like some stuff which is true for every line.

I have her That's So French poncho and I love it.  I actually wear it a lot belted.  I also have one of her plain peasant tops from a number of years ago. Last night's emroidered version really didn't appeal to me.

I have quite a few pieces from her line over the years and some of it I find to be horribly overpriced.  I have gotten some very good deals waiting for markdowns and have found with a lot of the items, the marked down prices are more in line with what the prices should have been from the get go.

I liked her styles in the past much better.  When Colleen lost weight, her line changed which is to be expected.  Now most of her dresses are very form fitting, poly/spandex blend and too short for me.  You either have to be willing to wear a shaper under those dresses or be lean.  Even that one longer, cold shoulder dress that her DIL modeled last night IMO didn't flatter Christie and she's tiny.  Many of Colleen's tops are too short for me too.  They aren't officially a crop top but I need more length for me to comfortably wear them.

I liked the fringe open front cardigan but again, wish it had been longer in the back.  I liked the one dress with the hardware at the neck but it's just too short for me.     

I agree that her tops could definitely be longer, and form fitting dresses do not work for me at all-I carry a little extra weight in my tummy so I would definitely have to wear a shaper and even then I would be self-conscious of it.....I did like that jacket-but again cut very short, but boy super cute over a dress if you have somewhere dressy to go!

Respected Contributor

I liked a lot of what I saw, but just have no where to wear those type fashions.  The dresses are much too tight/revealing/sparkly for my conservative office job, and I don't "go out" for fancy parties.  That poncho looked nice, and I like that it is available in petites because the first thing I thought is that it would be overwhelming on someone short.  I didn't get it though, because I just don't like ponchos. 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I agree that her tops could definitely be longer, and form fitting dresses do not work for me at all-I carry a little extra weight in my tummy so I would definitely have to wear a shaper and even then I would be self-conscious of it.....I did like that jacket-but again cut very short, but boy super cute over a dress if you have somewhere dressy to go!

The jacket with the faux fur collar?  Loved that.  I just wouldn't get much use out of it. 

Honored Contributor

Missed the new shows. I like some of her apparel, but it's hit or miss & some are priced too high.

Did catch a new Hal Rubenstein show-love his designs & shows. Added the new peekaboo skirt with the high slit to my fav list. Also love his jackets & coats but holiday shopping is a priority so I hope to pick up some of his new items later on clearance

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri