Occasional Contributor

Re: Did anyone hear Jane say last night....

On 3/6/2015 handygal said: Some of you might remember the term "irrational exuberance" that was used years ago by the then-chairman of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan. This describes Jane perfectly. And Susan Graver too, for that matter.

Exactly! The perfect description!!

Honored Contributor

Well, not that specific shirt, but yes, there are very ordinary looking shirts out there with 3-digit price tags. There are even plenty of them for which the first digit is not a 1.

I didn't watch so I have no idea what Jane (Jayne?) said - I just know there's a huge range of fabrics and prices out there. Given my propensity for spotting white tops, I'm not paying 3 digits this week.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 millieshops said:

Well, not that specific shirt, but yes, there are very ordinary looking shirts out there with 3-digit price tags. There are even plenty of them for which the first digit is not a 1.

I didn't watch so I have no idea what Jane (Jayne?) said - I just know there's a huge range of fabrics and prices out there. Given my propensity for spotting white tops, I'm not paying 3 digits this week.

Glad I'm not the only one! I change into something black if I'm having anything with tomato sauce on it!

Super Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Carmie said:

Maybe she meant 9.99...that's 3 digits.

{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Or even $0.99 (I think that counts are three digits!) I've become very selective in what I will buy from the Q. I purchased a bunch of tees from Landsend for $10 and under this season. They are a beautiful blend that wash and wear wonderfully. I bought into the Isaac M. tee craze last year, and I just don't get the whoopla. The material is not flimsy, I'll give him that, but that's where it ends for me. They are boxy in the body, are a weird length, and need ironing.

My point is, buyer be informed and aware! And don't believe what you hear (Jane!).

Respected Contributor

Jane is a very good host and does not deserve the ugliness going on here. She is always dressed nicely, speaks well and describes what she is selling.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

whenever your being sold something 'buyer beware' is good advice.

Trusted Contributor

We often hear such statements on QVC. Hosts hold up a run-of-the-mill poly tee or tunic and state that we'd expect to "add several digits" to the price tag if we were shopping in a big name department store. Not anywhere I shop, you can be sure.......

Respected Contributor

I didn't see the show but hellllooooooo, she was selling an item. She was trying to drum up interest in it. What should she say? You can get one just as good at Walmart for $3.99????? What part of the show host's role don't you understand?

Honored Contributor

I think she is called vivacious, not non- stop talker. Unless the quality goes way, way, up there is no reason to put another digit in front of any of their prices, but they could take a few off in some cases. I look forward to when the quality actually is equal to the prices they charge for a lot of their things!
Super Contributor

Denim and Co. is pretty much just stuff you can get at J.C. Penney for half the price. And you don't have to wait forever for your package to show up.