Super Contributor

Re: Did anyone catch Last nights Project Runway?

Char showed a cool head and time management in the hour face off because she chose fabric that she was familiar with and was easy to work with - a knit. Korina chose difficult fabric, chose to make a pattern with 7 pieces and was so obnoxious even her assistant didn't want to help her. She argued and made excuses to the judges about the fabrics, whereas obviously Char had found a suitable fabric. Char may not be the most versatile designer there but she definitely won that challenge and did it with personal class.

I don't understand why Kini hasn't won more - he certainly deserved more. Sometimes the judges look more at innovation than construction and they do seem to have favorites each season.

I think the contestants this season are better designers than past seasons - remember the season none of them even knew what a collar band was? I am enjoying the designs this season.

Super Contributor

On 10/3/2014 mousiegirl said:
On 10/3/2014 pachutabelle said: Don't want to miss next week! From the previews it looks like when they bring Korina back she is paired with Char and she picks up her equipment and walks out. I do agree that Kini is very talented and such a fast worker I can't believe it!

WHY in the world would they pair Korina with Char, only to cause drama, no other possible reason, in my opinion.

That's exactly why, and as another poster said - to drive ratings.

I knew a man who ran a successful bakery, and a few years ago, appeared on one of the FoodNetwork's cake challenge shows. As it turned out, he had a conflict w/ one of the other contestants. Later, after the show had aired, the network called him again, and asked him to appear on another episode. He said he'd be happy to, as long as the other contestant wouldn't be there. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Fast forward to the taping. It was to be a show of previous cheftestants, and was a challenge of 'pairs' ... & his partner was his nemesis.

That's the way they roll!

Super Contributor

Have any of you noticed the change in Tim Gunn? He seems to have morphed into a bi tchy automaton, almost a caricature of his former self.

Gone is the TG of the old days of PR, where he was a charming, thoughtful mentor who wouldn't ever have called a design "butt ugly", ... even if it was! And I also can't picture the old TG using today's ever popular "V" word, or of overstepping his mentoring to steer a design in a whole different direction, as in "Lose the fringe!" regarding Char's design. He does that quite a bit now.

{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/4/2014 muttmom said:

.... Korina's model seemed almost as catty as she was.

Agree, muttmom. We knew Korina was catty but I was surprised to hear the comments from her model aired.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau