Valued Contributor

Re: Did You buy A Longer Coat This Year?

I love long coats (maxi length) with dresses  - I always feel taller and thinner when I wear them!  

When commuting during very cold days, they kept my legs warm.

I like them to look tailored and classic, so mine are dark gray and black.

Esteemed Contributor

I did I have a PM faux shearling that is nice and long and so warm that brought several years ago but it is heavy to commute to work in so I brought a DB long coat that is so light but very very warm.  I pretty much have different lengths in winter coats but I wear the long coats when the winter weather really kicks in and the shorter coats on the weekend when I am running around in the car.

Honored Contributor

I purchased a Lands End  longer down coat last year and have worn it often last year and again this year.  I have no problem getting in and out of the car.  It is pretty lightweight and warm.

I also own a longer rain coat with zip in lining and two 100% wool dress coats.  I only wear the wool coats when I am dressed up.

I have three Lands End Primaloft jackets that at wear often.  They are packable and warm.  I love them.

I usually wear a Lands End squall parka to walk my dogs twice a day.

I have a closet full of coats and hate to be cold.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have coats of all lengths, even a wool black maxi for dress during our extreme temps and high winds.  I have no need to buy more this year.  For every day I prefer them to cover my bottom.  Now retired I usually wear jeans and my tall boots so my legs are warm enough.  When the weather is real bad I stay home and watch from inside and stay warm.

Esteemed Contributor

No, I didn't buy a long coat. Most of my winter outerwear coats are longer than my bottom but shorter than to my knees so it's easy to get in and out of the car. I don't really like to wear a shorter coat when it's really cold as the car seats will be cold and I'll feel it if the coat is too short.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a longer Lands End coat last year.I love it!!  It's in a mulberry color & is toasty warm!! No problem getting in the car because it has a two way zipper.It's insulated with a removable hood.I got it during a preseason sale plus I had a coupon for an additional 35% off!!

Respected Contributor

I've worn maxi-coats for decades: it gets cold here in Michigan!

Honored Contributor

No, I don't like or need all the extra fabric in a maxi coat. My longest coats are knee length. If I am wearing a dress I can tough it out to walk the short distance across the parking lot. I also wear tights and knee boots with my skirt or dress to keep my legs warm. If it's horribly cold I will wear a pant outfit instead.