Honored Contributor

Did You Get Clothes For Christmas?

I gave a lot of clothing, but I didn't get any (I hadn't picked any out though).  I did get a gift card to White House Black Market.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Get Clothes For Christmas?

Pajamas which I joked would be my retirement wardrobe. I can't believe how many men and women I see in stores wearing actual pajamas.

Honored Contributor

All I got for Christmas was a bag of sugared pecans.  That's it.

No clothing.

Honored Contributor

No clothing for me. But I did get some cash and a gift card so I can buy whatever I want at the after Christmas sales.

Honored Contributor

I did get 3 pairs of cool, sox to wear with my mules and I got a nice hooded scarf.  Generally, people don't give me clothing because everyone knows I am very particular about what I wear and it would have been hard this year because I've lost almost 50lbs since summer.  Sizing would have been hard.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I did get 3 pairs of cool, sox to wear with my mules and I got a nice hooded scarf.  Generally, people don't give me clothing because everyone knows I am very particular about what I wear and it would have been hard this year because I've lost almost 50lbs since summer.  Sizing would have been hard.

@chrystaltree,Wooooooo!!!  Way to go!!!  Congrats!

Image result for sparkly congratulations

Respected Contributor

This Christmas my gifts included: my new forest green leather dress, a bronze metallic wrap top, a black leather and lace top, and three pairs of leather leggings in 3 different colors. Love them all, wore the dress Sunday, and plan on wearing the rest at one time or another soon. I feel very fortunate to have so many options in my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I go at a pair of slippers. Does that count?  And a friend gave me a Talbots gift card and I bought clothes with it online this morning. 

Oh...and my sister gave me some socks from J Jill. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

Yes ... and the reason I received CLOTHES was due to ordering them myself, placing in gift boxes and then gift bags, and saying, "Here Mom, now your gift shopping for me is all done" (she's 82 and was glad).

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

All I got for Christmas was a bag of sugared pecans.  That's it.

No clothing.

@Carrie  Don't feel badly,  you're one up on me.   My sister and I decided to discontinue exchanging gifts this year and I have no one else.   We live far apart,  rarely see each other and have no idea what the other wants or needs.   Plus postage has gotten riduculous. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment