Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Ever Leave A Position Because Of An "Acidic" Person?

During my first marriage I worked for a nursing afency because my first husbands job required we travel for long periods of time often, so with the agency I could just take long LOA when ever. Anyway , one of the jobs they sent me on was to a plkace where people were paid to donate blood. Well, you can imagine the quality of people who came in there to sell their blood for money! To say it was a tough job would never even sc ratch the surface. Anyway , to make it even more fun - the boss was a total letch.He called me into his office one day and he had the blinds closed and he immed. closed the door - I turned around and opened the door.He said close the door and I said NO - and told him his antics were famous, so we would leave the door open.He got all red faced and told me I was fired and to get out right now. I left & called the agency and they told me I was one of many he had fired and they would have another assignment for me tomorrow. I decided it was time for him to be gone from that job though so I wrote letters to the company etc and eventually did get him fired.

Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Ever Leave A Position Because Of An "Acidic" Person?

[ Edited ]

Yes... the problem is that when you are an employee, you have no say in who you are going to be stuck working with. The person hiring the A** H***  just does the hiring and does not have to deal with them day in and day out.

Over the 25 years of my last job, I had to deal with alcoholics... drinking and drunk on my shifts, druggies and just outright rude obnoxious people.  I would go to the owners and tell them that something was up with so and so... and they would say there was nothing they could do at that time.. legally...... So,   I ended up having close the store with a totally stoned employee for months until she finally was fired. They actually gave her two trial periods to dry out and quit drinking... I HAD TO  PUT UP WITH WORKING WITH A DRUNK.   They owners did not realize all that is involved in working with someone on a shift that is drinking and inebriated.  I AM STILL VERY MAD ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!