Honored Contributor

what a pretty white bulldog.

Trusted Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

She looks RIDICULOUS!!! These wigs are horrid

ITA. Toni's wigs look like DOLL HAIR.

Honored Contributor

when I saw her hair, I knew it was a wig--drives me crazy that these hosts just throw them on, don't comb thru them or fix them up so they don't look like fake hair!!!  You can do all that and apply hair spray to really make them look natural!!! I did it for 6 months going thru chemo, until my hair grew out ----had 3 in different styles and colors and ALWAYS got complimented on how nice my hair was, not --oh what nice fake hair you have!!!!! Get a mirror, a brush and a comb,  a can of hair spray and act lke it is your real hair!!!!!! Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

when I saw her hair, I knew it was a wig--drives me crazy that these hosts just throw them on, don't comb thru them or fix them up so they don't look like fake hair!!!  You can do all that and apply hair spray to really make them look natural!!! I did it for 6 months going thru chemo, until my hair grew out ----had 3 in different styles and colors and ALWAYS got complimented on how nice my hair was, not --oh what nice fake hair you have!!!!! Get a mirror, a brush and a comb,  a can of hair spray and act lke it is your real hair!!!!!! Woman Mad

@wagirl 

I am interested in knowing if you had the Toni Bratton or you had other wigs.  I am being nosy because I am considering my options and want to know if these wigs worked for you given your working with them, spraying them, etc.  Or, did you buy the human hair wigs?

Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

It's not a wig!  She had her hair colored and shaped and Isaac didn't recognize her and blurted out something about a wig.

It was clearly a wig. I'm sure that Isaac and many of us knew right away.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday ---No, I went to my local wig shop and bought my first one--rather my insurance actually paid for it. But the other 2, I got for free from the cancer center store at the hospital where I did my treatments---they had a store that was had all sorts of donated items for cancer patients, I donated all the things I bought, including prothsesis and bras back to them when I was done with my adventure! I did try Tonis wig a few years ago, and it kept slipping off my head--couldn't keep the thing on---I used the cap too. Maybe I have a big head and bought the wrong size? I don't know---but I sent it back--was having a major hair event then,  while my hair did grow back fully --it was changed by the chemo and  has a mind of its own and was driving me crazy--this was before the covid thing started

No I didn't buy human hair--the non human ones these days , look and feel very real. Just gotta work with them--- you can take them to your hair person and they will style them your way too. 

But I moussed them, sprayed, washed and dried them---didn't have to use hot tools on them. Wish I would have saved one of them----

Respected Contributor

The minute I saw her on air last night I thought there must be a wig show coming up. Checked the program guide and there it was...Toni Bratton. Mystery solved. Case closed. 🙄

Honored Contributor

I've never seen a host sell those wigs well.  The quality of the wig hair aside, the hosts never show them in their best light.  They just plop the wig on their head and give it 3 seconds of styling. I think they could all look much better after proper styling.

It did not look good on Shawn last night.  The two Carolyn have tried on this morning look horrible on her.  Ali Carr looked awful in the curly one, but did look a lot better in the whisper bob wig.

Why wear them to try to sell them to a serious buyer if you are going to just look ready for Halloween?  

Contributor

Contributor
I liked the red wig on Shawn