Super Contributor

Re: Did I receive a returned item?

On 9/19/2014 gazelle77 said:

happens all the time. I have even gotten clothes with the other persons return slip still attached... one skirt had kleenex in the pocket.

really? Ewww, thats awful!

Honored Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Krimpette said:

As long as it appears fine with no odor or other indicators of "usage", I don't have any problem with a return. I figure someone might have tried it on and it just didn't fit, so they returned it. I'm sure I've bought items in B&M stores that are either returns or have been tried on by others. No biggie to me.

This is exactly how I feel as well.

Not only is it possible that numerous people have tried on what you buy in a store, it's also possible it was returned. If there is nothing wrong with the item, it goes back out to be resold.

Trusted Contributor

On 9/19/2014 Krimpette said:

As long as it appears fine with no odor or other indicators of "usage", I don't have any problem with a return. I figure someone might have tried it on and it just didn't fit, so they returned it. I'm sure I've bought items in B&M stores that are either returns or have been tried on by others. No biggie to me.

I totally agree.

Respected Contributor

Those who are upset at the thought of an item being returned, do you expect the Q to destroy items that have been returned? If an item has obviously been worn and laundered and returned, I'd have an issue with it. If an item is returned simply because the first recipient didn't like the color or fabric or fit, it's acceptable for that item to be sold as new IMHO.

Valued Contributor

On 9/19/2014 circles said:

I ordered two SG jackets...(A81865) the Navy one and the Raspberry one...well the Navy one was a packaged pristine...neatly folded...that paper in the center..extra buttons in a plastic bag fastened to the label....

The Raspberry one was thrown in a bag...no paper in the center...extra buttons were stuffed in the pockets and the worst was it had been laundered and shrunk compared the pristine one.....

I sent it back......I called cs and she promised I would not be charged for return shipping...I was...so I had to call cs again...and told them I was charged and they returned my shipping...

Make sure you always check to see if you get your return shipping...

So to reply to the OP....if it looks good I would keep it...if not return it...my coat was clearly a mess all shrunk out of shape...so there is no way I would keep that....

Shame on the Q for re-selling it. Apparently, they don't check out the returns before adding them back to the current inventory.

Super Contributor

Yes, and its gross. I totally agree with the other posters. Send it back and send a not saying please, no returns. I got a used kitchen product once and have never ordered Kitchen items again. I couldn't help it, it really grossed me out.

Respected Contributor

I have no problem with returns that are in new condition. Doesn't bother me at all. It's like saying if a customer at Nordstrom tries on an item at Nordstrom, doesn't buyt it, it should be pulled and sold at a sale/clearance price.

Valued Contributor

On 9/19/2014 lavendar said:

years ago the Q made a point of saying you'd never get an item tried on and picked over like in the B and M stores. what do they say now?

I've heard hosts say pretty much that same statement all the time.
Super Contributor

On 9/19/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I have no problem with returns that are in new condition. Doesn't bother me at all. It's like saying if a customer at Nordstrom tries on an item at Nordstrom, doesn't buyt it, it should be pulled and sold at a sale/clearance price.

ITA and have kept returns in like new condition. I will admit that it is a bit disappointing when something is not packaged as new which, it always seems to be from Nordstroms and other retailers but not QVC
Honored Contributor

I recently got a clearance G Simonton skirt that was all wadded u8p in a bag and smelled like cigarette smoke. It is appalling what QVC sends out to people. i called CS but they could not replace it with another in the same color so I chose to keep it and I washed it. Came out beautiful and looking and smelling like new from the wash. CS gave me $5 off and that was their final offer. Today i got a GS top and it was all balled up in the bag , however it did have tissue in it so I think UPS just was rough on it.