Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

I spent about an hour this afternoon purging the last of my things to be purged:  jewelry.  I'm not a big jewelry person, so jewelry wasn't taking up too much space. 

These are Colleen Lopez's jewelry boxes...I had six, now there are three, and I can see every earring and bracelet I own at a glance.  And the vertical necklace box can now actually open and close with ease, and I can see each necklace hanging on a separate hook in each sliding compartment.  Nice!

20191114_175004.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I have so few handbags that it wasn't necessary to archive each one, so I took a few group pics for the heck of it.  I have...

4 leather handbags (top pic):  Metallic gold B.Mac for the few times I wear gold jewelry; red Sak that I use constantly; black Lauren tote; and (2nd pic) a whipstitched Margot that I use the most...a great price at Marshall's that I've had for at least three years and that, surprisingly, considering the whipstitiching, still looks brand new.  

3 faux leather denim friendly bags (3rd pic):  Coldwater Creek blue chevron-like weave with brown trim; blue Jessica Simpson with gunmetal hardware and studs; a no-name blue hobo.

5 summer and warm weather bags (4th pic):  Round black/white/brown straw weave w/leather trim; pink quilted Vera Bradley tote; turq canvas Bagallini; round red straw Lucky Brand; colorful cat cloth Laurel Burch tote.

20191111_190545.jpeg

20191111_174400.jpg

20191111_184210.jpeg

20191113_212416.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF 

"(A quick hello to @MsLomo ...I "see" you!  Hope you are well.)"

Thank you for your message! Nice surprise.

You look TERRIFIC. You have inspired me! 

Heart

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @MsLomo See the source image  There's a poster here whose signature line reads, "I'm silently correcting your grammar," which always makes me smile.  When I first saw it, though, I thought it was you LOL.  Admit it, you are silently correcting my grammar!  I tease...as you can see, I still misuse the ellipsis (ellipses?)!  Have a great evening, MsL!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Red, orange, brown, and wine striped 4 Love and Liberty (div. of Johnny Was) merino wool topper.  I wore it with a black t-neck the past 2 winters, but it looks so much softer and I very much prefer it with the new Lauren chocolate brown t-neck which matches the brown suede trim.  Favorite old DG2 jeans, old Aerosoles...

20191110_153218.jpeg

Gipsy Kings-Love & Liberte'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DETw8JjCdxs

Esteemed Contributor

I got a promotion (she bragged) at the charity thrift boutique where I volunteer (another unpaid position lol).  The Boss Ladies asked me to develop, implement, and conduct an orientation for new vols for sorting, pricing, stocking and cashiering.  I feel rather honored, and I'm thrilled to be using my mental abilities rather than my physical...lots of standing, bending, moving, etc. in my normal vol position (which is killing me, BTW)!  But, this is a post about thrifting...

It's been a Godsend for me!  Every piece that comes in the house goes right in the wash or gets hand washed or gets wiped thoroughly with hydrogen peroxide...even books (tons of books). 

It gave me the opportunity to fill in a lot of blanks left by the Great and Terrible (and utterly ruthless) Purge, to try vendors I was otherwise not familiar with or couldn't afford (and ended up loving...Coldwater Creek wins that prize), and to try trendy pieces without spending a bundle (it cost me $2.50 to realize what I already knew...that the cold shoulder looks ridiculous on me)!!

I love that I have a stunning variety of styles and brands now, especially brands that I would not normally be able to afford.  Certainly, I wouldn't have been able to replenish my summer wardrobe with good, quality brands without thrifting.  

OH the $$$$ and time and energy I've saved!!   And I can't even imagine going back to limiting myself to a few of the same ol', same ol' women's clothing stores.

I highly recommend thrifting!
Esteemed Contributor

I wore the thrifted Croft & Barrow white cable sweater the other day and it bagged out like you wouldn't believe, especially the t-neck, which looked like a cowl neck (ugh) by the end of the day, so it's gone. 

And I didn't wear the Rachael Zoe funnel neck, so returned it three hours before the return window of opportunity ended phew.  

I already know the thrifted brown/black/beige southwestern hoodie is next to go...it was quirky and fun while it lasted, but not a keeper. 

I only mention these (hopefully) last edits because I'm using them as justification for ordering this, which, if it works out, I'm going to call my first retail purchase of the new year (don't ask why, but there is a method to my madness)!  I really hope this one works for me.

Please, please let this be as super cool and different in real life as it appears in the pic!!!

G by Giuliana Crossover Maxi Sweater

HSN 675-344

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I wore the thrifted Croft & Barrow white cable sweater the other day and it bagged out like you wouldn't believe, especially the t-neck, which looked like a cowl neck (ugh) by the end of the day, so it's gone. 

And I didn't wear the Rachael Zoe funnel neck, so returned it three hours before the return window of opportunity ended phew.  

I already know the thrifted brown/black/beige southwestern hoodie is next to go...it was quirky and fun while it lasted, but not a keeper. 

I only mention these (hopefully) last edits because I'm using them as justification for ordering this, which, if it works out, I'm going to call my first retail purchase of the new year (don't ask why, but there is a method to my madness)!  I really hope this one works for me.

Please, please let this be as super cool and different in real life as it appears in the pic!!!

HSN 675-344

@MacDUFF :  I am/was intrigued by this sweater but could not figure out how it would look after sitting on it after a while.  Please give us your honest (like that wouldn't happen LOL) opinion.  Enjoying your thread.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

Thanks @MsLomo See the source image  There's a poster here whose signature line reads, "I'm silently correcting your grammar," which always makes me smile.  When I first saw it, though, I thought it was you LOL.  Admit it, you are silently correcting my grammar!  I tease...as you can see, I still misuse the ellipsis (ellipses?)!  Have a great evening, MsL!

@MacDUFF 

You are so funny! I have seen that signature line, too, and I love it. I hope none of my friends and family sees it, though. They're always nervous about writing anything to me. ("Oh, don't look too closely! Don't judge me! I'm tired tonight!") I tell them (almost the whole truth) that I'm not paying attention to any of THAT!

I also have many old Diane Gilman jeans and jeggings with the elasticized waistband and the nice skinny legs. They wash and wear like iron. At some point, I stopped ordering her new ones because I couldn't figure out what size to get or the knees bagged (or the strong bug-spray smell knocked me out).

They look really good on you!

(Edited to fix the font size)

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Hoovermom ...long time!  Hope you are well.

I hear ya and will post a pic and let you know my thoughts...in no uncertain terms LOL!  If the sweater fits (and if I love it), I think it would be fairly easy to lift it a little before sitting so it doesn't stretch into a mold of my butt hahaha.