Old DG2 straight leg grey-that-were-supposed-to-be-black jeans

Aerosoles

20191018_132421.jpeg

20191018_202723.jpg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

@MacDUFF 

I bought these scarves in 4 or 5 colors when they were on clearance. ($5-ish) I use them frequently particularly when I need some pizzazz in my day.

20191014_212230.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Pic was taken last fall, but I've been wearing this exact outfit for about 4 years and look forward to many more years of wear...

LDO/Linea Leisure longline double-zip pink with navy trim hoodie.  The hoodie IMHO was poorly designed...zipped, it creates a huge hump on my back...unzipped, looks like angel wings spread across my back.  So, I unzip the hoodie, pull the 2 sides forward, and tuck in like a scarf.  Every year, I say I'm going to remove the hoodie and make it a mandarin collar...I'll get around to it eventually, or not.

If it hadn't had the weird hoodie, I'd have purchased other colors 'cuz it's a great fall piece with or without base layers.

Marla Wynne indigo knit denim side zip, old

Aerosoles.

20180112_124743-1 (1).jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1   What colors did you get?  I hemmed and hawed over the purple and missed out.  Agree they surely brighten things up!  Love mine.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Jaclyn Smith quilted vest in teal...more blue than green YAY!, thrifted

Light grey ribbed mock neck, Peck & Peck, thrifted

Old DG2 straight leg grey-that-were-supposed-to-be-black jeans

Aerosoles

20191018_132421.jpeg

20191018_202723.jpg

There's a blast from the past!

Esteemed Contributor

Someone on the boards a while back mentioned brown with grey, so I tried the thrifted grey Peck & Peck ribbed mock neck with this chocolate brown Coldwater Creek chevron quilted double zipper vest.  I was surprised that I liked brown with grey...but I prefer this vest with the same Peck & Peck top in red, also thrifted.

Grey P&P with CWC vest, thrifted

Kut from the Kloth Catherine Boyfriend jeans in a dark vintage wash, Nordstrom (dotcom)...new-ish

Franco Sarto "muddy waters" boot...sometimes they look brown, sometimes olive...old

Cool snap bracelet from L.A.East (a boutique in Charlotte)...leather, metal, unknown stones all grey...new-ish

20191018_133107.jpeg

20191018_203005.jpg

20191021_171359.jpg

20191025_215323.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH 

LOL!  You're in NYC, right?  I understand Peck & Peck started there.  I had never heard of them until I moved to NC and found Steinmart, which is the only place I've ever seen P&P, and which is about the only line of clothing I look for at Steinmart.  Wiki (always taken with a grain of salt) has some interesting info.  Had you ever shopped in a P&P store (back in the day before they closed)?  

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@ILTH 

LOL!  You're in NYC, right?  I understand Peck & Peck started there.  I had never heard of them until I moved to NC and found Steinmart, which is the only place I've ever seen P&P, and which is about the only line of clothing I look for at Steinmart.  Wiki (always taken with a grain of salt) has some interesting info.  Had you ever shopped in a P&P store (back in the day before they closed)?  

@MacDUFF 

Yes. NYC, here. Born and raised. 

I remember Peck & Peck from when I was a kid. It disappeared somewhere in the late 60s/early 70s? I, vaguely, remember dresses from there when I was little? 

Peck & Peck, Bonwit, Altman's -- gone, gone, gone. L&T, too, now. They were all on 5th Avenue. Also in Westchester (NYC suburb).

Valued Contributor

@ILTH  Also, Orbach’s, A&S  (Abraham and Strauss), Gimbels, and Alexander’s 

(Across from Bloomingdales’s), Gertz.

So many more choices.

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH 

I have family in Brooklyn and Long Island...paternal Grandmother's family used to own a coat factory...those of us in the Midwest were always thrilled to get a box full of coats for the young'ns in the fall (our parents were thrilled, too, what with 4 to 6 little ones each to keep in coats every year).

Wiki indicates P&P closed late 1980's. And mentioned BT and Altman's as competitors.  Also, according to Wiki, Ann Taylor and Talbots "grew in the wake of the closure" of P&P.  All classic clothes, I think.

I finally figured out that my style is at one extreme to the other...which probably describes my life in general LOL!   I lean toward the classic styles...which is probably why I like P&P...with a little bit of boho chic and some country thrown in, which is really difficult to incorporate since they couldn't be more different from each other.  I like to have some fun with my clothes, but that tends to run counter to my predominately classic side.  It's always something, I tell 'ya!

Hope you're having a great evening, ILTH.  :drinks: