Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

Thrifting bonus:  I bought this Brighton hinged bangle 6-7 years ago at a boutique here in town.  Fast forward to earlier this year when I thrifted the Brighton necklace...not an exact match, but no one would know it (except y'all ;))...

20190902_141034.jpeg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Lauren by RL striped menswear-inspired blouse, old

Midnight blue shawl with matching paillettes...a beautiful lightweight knit with ribbed borders by Iman (old, $20 sale YAY!).  Top pic is more accurate colorwise than close-up.  I bought it for special events, but have been known to wear it shopping and to "work," too.

I can also wear it with my JJill floral tulip hem blouse, old, which does not have a drop of pale blue in it!!!  angry.gif

Marla Wynne indigo knit denim slim side zip, old

Navy Earth peep-toe booties, old

20191014_183844.jpg

20191014_212230.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Lightweight Coldwater Creek sweater with bell sleeves and button (thank you CWC!!!!), thrifted...looks great with blue denim and the clunky burgundy L'Amour Des Pieds, too

Lightweight long sleeve waffle textured purple tee (Concord grape juice purple...love), old

Old DG2 slim jeans that were supposed to be black, but are very obviously grey...kept them 'cuz, well, I needed grey

Old sterling silver jewelry

Aerosoles black suede booties, old...

20191018_131944.jpeg

20191018_172925.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

We're finally getting cooler fall weather after about a whopping one and a half - 2 weeks of warm fall weather.  We'll have about a week of both, then cool temps for about 5-6 weeks YAY!

I had approximately 11-12 tops in rotation this past 2 weeks most of which were also worn this past warm spring...making a total of 3 to 4 (no more than 5) weeks of warm weather each year.  I could change up some of those tops with different jeans and shoes to make maybe 15-16 outfits.  (Two long sleeve tees were worn casually around the house with jeggings...didn't catalogue or count those).

The old me made a brief reappearance in that the pull to run out and buy more warm weather wear was really strong, but I resisted for the most part (she bragged) and feel that I might only need a few pieces to be satisfied.

Esteemed Contributor

I made only two warm weather edits. 

The first was this Talbots blue/white checked vest with pink trim, which I thrifted earlier this year.  It's already gone.  Too cutesy by far.  I'm one of those who believes in age appropriateness (ymmv), and this vest looked like something a pre-teen would wear.  Also, it's poly and suffocatingly hot...way more so than any other poly I've ever owned.  Finally, I don't like the way it falls when unzipped.  Loss =  $3.

Bye-bye...

20191018_135238.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

The second edit turned out to be a two-fer (next two posts). 

I didn't like the way this outfit looked.  Maybe it was the way the lightweight Michael Stars top didn't "flow" quite right over the cut of the JJill ditsy floral boyfriend jeans.  

I tried a basic black long sleeved tee...nope.  Maybe I didn't like black with it...?  Maybe the v-neck is too low.  I'm honestly not really sure why it didn't work for me!

Then...another reappearance of the old me where I spent about 10 minutes on Nordstrom (dotcom) looking for a blue top.  The light bulb lit up, and I realized I was literally considering spending $$$ on another top to make these jeans work for me...a costly "problem" I had pre-closet purge.  

20191014_184136.jpeg

So...

Esteemed Contributor

I paired the Stars top with a light wash sleeker/smoother/slimmer G jegging (old) and an Eileen Fisher shibori silk black/white/grey scarf (old)...Aerosoles suede booties and I'm good to go for warm weather...

20191018_131307.jpeg

20191018_202105.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

And I paired the jeans with a white sweatshirt from 7 For All Mankind with a blue stripe on the sleeves (N Rack, new-ish).  It's a hefty, heavier weight sweatshirt, so this is the first pic of my cool weather (late fall/early spring) outfits.

Lucky Brand fully articulated fish necklace with mother-of-pearl scales and fins and a hook...I love this chubby fish even better than my LDO fish.  Aerosoles.

Shopping my closet paid off!! 

20191018_130756.jpeg

20191014_212517.jpeg

Honored Contributor

So happy to see your Mary Janes . I have a pr of black suede I just love

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I paired the Stars top with a light wash sleeker/smoother/slimmer G jegging (old) and an Eileen Fisher shibori silk black/white/grey scarf (old)...Aerosoles suede booties and I'm good to go for warm weather...

20191018_131307.jpeg

20191018_202105.jpeg

I really like the way the top and jeggings fit you.