Respected Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

20191006_121222.jpeg

I think this tunic is beautiful.  I would consider the fabric dresssier but @MacDUFF  showed it can be casual.

What I love @MacDUFF  is you accessorize but never OVER accessorize.Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @DiAnne   

I'm not a big fan of jean jackets and always have fit issues with jackets in general.  I managed to thrift a few jackets, including a jean jacket, which doesn't have a collar and doesn't work with tees, but that I wore last fall (cooler/late fall, which is upcoming) over a turtleneck...just haven't gotten to cataloging them yet. 

But, I hear ya.  I've been eyeing this 'cuz it has a casual vibe and the length I prefer.  $78 may be more than I'm willing to pay for limited use...short periods in spring and fall.

BDG Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom (dotcom)

BDG Urban Outfitters Longline Denim Jacket, Main, color, BLUE

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry 

Agree.  I have my go-to, tried and true colors that I love, but I definately experiment more now with colors I normally didn't wear.  I also tried colors that the so-called color experts said I couldn't/shouldn't wear.

I'm not a fan of capsule wardrobes either, although I do like my clothes to have items that go well together and create a united whole, if that makes sense.

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH 

Yes, this is a perfect style for me and I love it.  I can only wear the softest merino wool and/or cashmere...I'm like the Princess and the Pea, one tiny percent of plain old wool, and I'm twitching and itching and scratching!

Navy Alpaca Wool Cardigan With Button Closure With Pockets image 1

What I need/want, though, is that design in a lightweight sweater material for warm early fall and warm late spring.  Well, that's what I used to need/want, but I swear I'm done already!!

I have a few similar to the one you found, but for cool late fall and winter and cool early spring.  Here's one that's still in storage (pic taken about two winters ago). 

Aran Craft from Q...merino wool, gorgeous color, double-breasted, waist definition, shawl collar...simply perfect!  Can't wait to get my wool/cashmere stuff out from under the bed!!

20180129_160533 (1).jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much @lulu1 !  That tunic was a real find!  I'm going to try and take a better pic...one that will truly do it justice!!  

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

I like that jean jacket.  You might look at the Gap.  I have three (med wash, dark wash and white) that I bought on sale in a tall size so they are longer and I roll the cuffs back. 

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

Aran Craft from Q...merino wool, gorgeous color, double-breasted, waist definition, shawl collar...simply perfect!  Can't wait to get my wool/cashmere stuff out from under the bed!!

20180129_160533 (1).jpeg

@MacDUFF 

This sweater and color look beautiful on you.  We could be twins as I too have that exact sweater.  The color is not a typical Aran knit color.  I had to have it.

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 

I hear ya, twinny...I had to have it, too! :girlsigh:  I don't think she posts here any longer, but @winamac1 :heart: recommended it to me. 

I tried the chambray in the double breasted style and aqua in another style, but didn't like either color.  I forked over $20 to Q to try them.  :doh:

Hope your having a great evening, lulu.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm at the point where I started last year with refining and editing...meaning my cool weather (late fall/early spring) and winter weather wardrobe was refined and edited last year. 

As for warm weather (early fall/late spring) and summer, I've been refining and editing this week.  So, from what I've posted thus far, I made or will make the following edits...  

***I closed the tip of the v-neck on butterfly top and created a keyhole.
***The black/white/grey cardi is gone (net loss = $9).
***The Mickey/Minnie tee is gone.
***Approx. 3 inches came off the back of the plaid top..hi-low was too extreme.  Note to self: Wear this plaid top with white only in summer and dark indigo only in fall...it doesn't look good with any other colors.
***Pink kitten heels are gone...old, no net loss.
***I took an inch and a half off the sides of the Aztec-y skirt.
***The thrifted yellow striped top is gone (it shrunk in length...net loss $3).

Edits behind the scenes...2 pairs of ankle boots are gone (old = no net loss); a few old pieces of jewelry (no net loss); old scarves (no loss either monetarily or aesthetically
 :biggrin:).

Including a try-on fee of $10 paid to the Q for an LDO return, a few thrifted mistakes at approx. $2 loss each, and a few mistakes from late fall and winter of last years edits, I'm guestimating I lost approx. $45 total this year in fashion mistakes. 

I refuse to look at my Q order history from years past, not to mention other costly fashion mistakes made by the old me, to see the difference in lost $$$ for just Q try-on fees alone, which I'm quite sure totaled much, much more than $45 each year.

I put myself under a temporary restraining order :lol:on purchases for warm weather (early fall/late spring) transitional clothing.  We had such a looooong summer that this normally short transitional period was cut even shorter, so unless I find something super incredibly perfect, I'm done purchasing for now and looking forward to cool fall weather and winter for which I'm all set.

20191006_121222.jpeg20191003_152336.jpeg 20191003_161341.jpeg 20190927_163335.jpeg

20190906_202023.jpeg 20190809_151228.jpeg 20190823_160948.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

One of the bonuses of thrifting is I can try something different (for me...this is my 1st animal print anything ever) without spending a lot of money (and regretting it later). 

Obviously, I'm not a fan of animal prints, but this one caught my eye and I figured, for $3, what the heck. 

It's a no-brainer to change into my black Linea Leisure maxi pencil skirt for more formal occasions...

Rafael Sport, cotton knit, pockets, zip front jacket, thrifted

Black Eileen Fisher organic linen tank, old

Black G jeggings, old

Suede Blondo booties, old

20191011_123709.jpeg