Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

[ Edited ]

Hi :wave:...hope everyone is having a great evening.

Around town and at the beach (part 1)...

Scarf:  Thrifted, lightweight mesh, triangle with raised rosette appliques

Jewelry:  2 Alex & Ani, Brighton hinged bangle. ss earrings, ss pendant, all old

Top:  Focus, old, textured, mandarin collar

Bag:  Baggallini, old

Bottom:  JJill, old...purchased these when they first came out, but returned them because I thought (and still do think) they look like circus pants, not to mention they were $90!!  $90 for circus pants? :no:Fast forward about a year and a half and there they were online for $17.  $17 for circus pants? :tup:Comfortable, cool, drapey, beautiful hand.  I'm glad I re-bought the circus pants!  

Remove the scarf and jewelry, button up the tab sleeves and I'll see you at the beach...

20190830_165406.jpeg

20190830_145356.jpeg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Around town (and church and work) and at the beach (part 2):

Bold black/white plastic earrings, thrifted

Lucky Brand tiered necklace, old

Old cuff, old ss and snake skin bangle

Donald Pliner slides, old

Lightweight cotton gauze dress, old, Old World Market

Remove the jewelry and swap the Pliners for black flip flops and find me walking along the shoreline...

20190823_145348.jpeg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF  I love you in the dress.  It's so flattering on you.

I'm a sucker for anything tie dye.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Menswear inspired shirt, old, Cremieux (Dillard's house brand, I think).  I placed this shirt on top of my 2 men' shirts and the cut, width, length are almost exact...only difference is that this one has the buttons on the other side and the cuff is cuter!  :biggrin:

Kut from the Kloth jeans, slightly distressed, embroidered, one of...3, I think, new items this season, from the Rack

Old Jack Rogers knockoffs, 2 old ss cuffs and earrings, Brighton hinged bangle, ss pendant was made in Israel...

20190830_165840.jpeg

20190830_144505 (1).jpg

20190830_144047.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

@MacDUFF  Wow!  I love everything you have posted so far!  Do you make house calls for consultations? Smiley Happy  To quote Billy Crystal, quoting Fernando Lamas, "You look mahvelous!"

I had the same experience after I retired when I went shopping.  I was drawn to work clothes, and although I never bought any, it took me several months to stop looking at them.  I missed the work clothing look for a while, but I definitely got over it.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caligurll Hey, Cali!  Good to see you again.  

Wouldn't it be fun to start a small business purging other women's closets!?  Style is so subjective and personal, but I'd definitely have no problem passing on the things I learned to help a "client" :biggrin:refine and define her style and shopping habits.

Ruthlessness and honesty are key!  I had a cyber acquaintance who was so knowledgeable about fashion, and never hesitated to tell me the truth.  Her style wasn't mine, but I trusted and valued her opinion.  I wish we could have met in person and maybe become friends, but she moved to some place exotic...the Sudan I think. I believe she recently returned.  My (rambling!) point is to have someone you trust be brutally honest with you.

Hope you are well and happy out there in my old stomping grounds.  And, thanks.  :flowers:

Esteemed Contributor

Hey @Lisa Y  want to go into business with me?  :p 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF    I am loving all outfits you've posted. Thanks for the closeups of the fabrics and the jewelry - so many things one could miss without those shots. I know it's additional work so thanks to you and to Handsome. Hey Handsome. Missed you too!

MacDuff, I especially love the dress. I may even covet it although it would be too long for me.

Always looking forward to more...

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

YES!  @MacDUFF   All my friends say I should do this as a business when I retire. LOL! I get such enjoyment purging other people’s closets! Who knew that could be an actual job? 🤪

Respected Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

YES!  @MacDUFF   All my friends say I should do this as a business when I retire. LOL! I get such enjoyment purging other people’s closets! Who knew that could be an actual job? 🤪

I NEED y’all now!