Valued Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

@MacDUFF  I'm glad you are back. Great thread so far, just like all your others!

I would love to know more about your philosophy towards fashion at this stage in life. Remind us why you chose to pair down, what was the inspiration for it? Thank you!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

20190823_230549.jpg

I've given this Laurel Burch bag (with some accessories) to my sister.  I have the dog pattern. They are just fun and always gather compliments.

Laurel Burch Dogs & Doggies Satchel

One of the reasons you always look so great is the fact you have wonderful posture. Clothes look so much better when we take advantage of however many vertical feet and inches we have.  I am (now) slightly over 5'2" (at my apex was 5'4") but I've learned to stand erect.  It makes such a difference.

Please do not go away.  As you can see, you were missed by many.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF   welcome back! You have no idea how thrilled I am to see a new thread by you. I re-read your original one more than once and enjoyed/laughed at some of your witty comments all over again.

I echo @lulu1. Please don't leave again. Seeing this thread was like getting a hug from a dear friend whose presence you have been missing and needing.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

20190823_230549.jpg

@MacDUFF 

Just don't pay attention when the bag goes missing at the same time as the sneaks.

Cat Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF 

@lulu1 

Your Laurel Burch bags are beautiful colors.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF : Hey, love your blahblahblahing. You do it better than many. Don’t stop.

Honored Contributor

Just curious, did you decide to do this when you retired? I think you look amazing in all of the outfits. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF 

I have never posted on the Fashion thread before but I always read topics that interest me! I want you to know I loved your posts and I have MISSED them! I love your style and your outfits ! It is “me” to a T! I wear a lot of JJill and classics.

I will enjoy following this thread! You are very photogenic and you wear it well! 

So glad you are back! 

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH 

I hear ya...warm colors don't do me any favors either.  Agreed with your previous post that most people can look in the mirror and know what colors look/feel right.  I don't think you need an "expert" to tell you, especially one who is trying to sell you something.   I love the vivid, colorful artwork on Burch's totes!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

Thanks Lola.  The creator of this app is a person after my own heart...you have to be a little nerdy to program something that detailed and precise.  :smartass:

I don't think I own enough clothes to make it worth cataloging items via the app. :biggrin: For the most part, I can keep a lot of that info in my head.  I can tell you within a few dollars how much I paid for just about everything I own and approximately when and where I bought it.  I'm taking at least one pic of everything I own...I can look at an outfit and visualize different iterations. 

It does sound like a very cool app! 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~