Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

I'm still getting my posting legs back.  For some odd reason, Handsome's phone camera is recording some pics as png rather than jpeg...no rhyme or reason that I can see.  I figured out how to convert from png to jpeg, though...a good thing cuz Q's system won't post my png files.  It's always something, I tell 'ya!  angry.gif

And it was ridiculous how long it took me to remember how to float this thread so it always shows up at the top of my feed...it's easier than scrolling up and down searching for it...it was right there in front of my face!  Yeeesh!

How come it's so dang blasted difficult to notify someone...I have a drop down list of choices a mile long!??!   :confused1:

Eventually, I'll stop posting jewelry and handbags separately, but since I'm photo cataloging everything, well, why not?  Thankfully, I've never been a big jewelry or handbag gal, otherwise that would have been a whole other year-long purge!

@lolakimono   I have a few questions about that app you're using for cataloging outfits.  Is it free?  Do you have to register/login to use it?  What is the advantage to using the app rather than just snapping a pic?

So much for my resolve to not blahblahblah too much, eh?!  

Happy friends animated emoticon

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of color...

Here's a casual outfit in a color the rocket scientists told me I shouldn't wear...yellow.  Granted, I only like a very pale yellow, but still, it's yellow!  The stripes are probably another no-no due to Botticelli Belly, but I don't care.

Top:  New York Laundry, thrifted

Bottoms:  Kensie, old (my 1st pair of wide-leg crops, $7 or $9 at Marshall's about 3 years ago...wear them a lot!)

Sneaks:  Converse, "Jack Purcell," which I much prefer to "Chucks"...more comfortable and less clunky (for me, your mileage may vary)

20190823_160948.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jewelry:  The 51 year old cuff, my 2nd oldest ss cuff (on rt), Brighton bangle (left), yellow earrings, and diamond heart necklace (engagement gift from Handsome)

20190823_220436.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow!   What a treat to see you here, @MacDUFF.   I missed you!   "You look mahhhhvelous," lovely lady!   So glad you're back, and I hope we see more of you!   (Great thread...  you're an inspiration and I agree, you should have your own blog, and I would follow you!)❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
And speaking of thrifting allowing me to try different brands/trends/styles without over-spending...

Top:  Deep lavender Lino by Chico's (I always steadfastly refused to pay the prices for good, hefty linen only to end up a wrinkled, rumpled, baggy mess, but for $3?  Oh yeah!)

Bottoms:  Kut From the Kloth, "Catherine" boyfriend jeans, Nordstrom Rack

Sandals:  Clark's flip flops (love the Cloudsteppers!)

Handbag"  Laurel Burch, thrifted...I'm not even a big cat fan (allergies), but I couldn't resist!

20190809_145700.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

20190823_230549.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@dooBdoo 

Thanks doob!  Hope you are well!  :heart:

Esteemed Contributor

Have a great weekend everyone...see you in a few days.  :drinks:

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding color -- I can, unequivocally, say that I can no longer wear any shade or value of brown, yellow or orange near my face.
They were never great colors on me, but, in my younger days I could get away with them without looking completely grey and dead.

I can't wear warm reds, warm pinks, red(warm)-purples, lime(any warm) green or turquoise (warm blues) anymore, either. Never great on me, but, I wore them. Ivory (any warm white) always sucked on me. 

Warm colors were never my friends, but, now they're sworn enemies.😆

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

The app is "Your Closet", free on Android (IDK if it's available for iPhones).

It's pretty cool.  I don't use all of the features (like shopping or the randomizer), but I like that I can keep track of how long ago I wore something, or what I wore together.  You can put in the dollar amount that you spent on something (I don't do that either) and it will calculate your CPW each time you choose that item).

What I really like about it is that I can make a pin for Pinterest, so I can also "archive" them there.  It makes it super easy to copy/paste here.  The only "wrinkle" is that if you delete an item from your closet, any outfits that used that item are also deleted (which is okay, if you have them as pins on Pinterest anyway).

HTH