Respected Contributor

Re: Diary of a Restyled Fashionista...

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF  is back!!!!  How long have I been begging you to return? (you know I wanted to hear about Handsome)

I love the outfits posted and as always, you look fantastic. (oh that dimpled smile) What I really missed was the way you express yourself.  You write as if you were sitting with your very best friends.  Your sense of humor jumps out of the screen.

I look forward to seeing you (and Handsome) here on a regular basis.

WELCOME BACKHeart

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  you found out something I have known for a long time. Those color profiles are not fool proof...You look so much better in pink ,and stone ,than the color limitations you kept yourself on...You absolutely glow

Honored Contributor

I think the stone top and the white bottoms look great on you. 

I think that color profiling is very outdated. 

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF , so good to see you posting again. You look fabulous. 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@MacDUFF  you found out something I have known for a long time. Those color profiles are not fool proof...You look so much better in pink ,and stone ,than the color limitations you kept yourself on...You absolutely glow

@cherry , I tried seasonal color analysis for a few weeks but quickly became bored with it. 

Trusted Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think most people can look in the mirror and see right away if the color near their face makes them glow or look sickly. 

There are definitely color temperatures that look better on different skin temperatures. Color and temperature are not the same.  There's a whole lot of colors out there. 

Also, if you keep getting compliments when you're wearing certain colors, that should be a clue.

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF 

You look fabulous in both outfits. Those ditsy sneakers are adorable on you. The tops (both) really flatter you. 

I wrote (just the other day in another thread) that I had way too many clothes that were a mishmash. And, nothing to wear. Getting dressed was a chore with all that stuff. I went back to less clothes, all my style. 

Shopping online makes it so easy to accumulate way too much. 

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF : Hey, good to see you and your lovely smiling face again. Wondered where you had been.

Reading your post with interest. As it happened last night I tried on all my jeans, aaalll, to see what fit. I have some cooler weather jeans and pants in the cedar chest I haven’t checked out. Will have to do that. My jeans take up 2/3 of that rack they’re on. Oy,

I guess I’ve never met a jean I didn’t like.

I've trimmed down/lost weight so all my knee length shorts from Soft Surroundings are too loose now so I’m limited in what to wear this summer. Those were pricey so putting them in the cedar chest in case my weight decides to bounce back up.

I'm glad you discovered  those shirts work best for you. I'll be looking forward to reading your posts. You’re writing is so much fun.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

It's great to see you on the board again!  And you look FABULOUS!!!  Whatever you have been up to agrees with you Cat Very Happy

Your outfits are terrific, both in style and color.  The collared shirt really is brilliant on you so that was a great recommendation.  And I love those sneakers and if they disappear from your very organized and decluttered closet you will know who snuck in and snatched them.  Cat Surprised

Your writing is so good, you should be a fashion blogger!  And then you would become a Fashion Influencer! (but I have a sneaking suspicion that term might make you gag Cat Tongue - it does me.  haha

Anyway, I look forward to seeing you on the fashion board more.  You really have been missed around here.  And I miss the nice lady from Florida, too!

Esteemed Contributor

@TY  @DiAnne   @zanna   @Hippiified   @DukeBlueNan   @cherry   @Snoopp   @Bri369   @SilleeMee   @lulu1   @Trinity11  @ILTH   @Sadiesadie   @QueenDanceALot 

Thank you so much for the warm "welcome back" wishes, hearts, and kind words!  :heart:

I apologize for the group response, but...

Zanna, tell us a little about your major purge...it's not easy is it?!  I couldn't believe how, for me, it was so much more than just a closet purge.  The whole psychology of shopping, of how and why I shop, was an interesting sidebar for me...I learned a lot.  Everyone is so unique in their likes and dislikes!  I'm fascinated by closets and what they say about a person.

snoop, the charity thrift is about 10 minutes from home, and I never knew it existed until my banker mentioned it!  I also found a Goodwill in an upscale neighborhood about 30 min away.  I know there are lots of posters who live in rural areas, for instance, or can't get out to shop anymore, but, if you (not necessarily you, snoop) are able, I highly recommend searching your area for thrift stores and consignments. 

Hi lulu!  Thanks for giving me the push I needed to start posting again.  (I took a pic of Handsome today and will post it soon. :graucho:)

Hi cherry, bri, trinity, ILTH, I think most people can wear a certain shade of most colors.  Maybe the color thang is outdated because we have more choices of shades...?   I just don't think it's rocket science!

ILTH, yes!  A ton of mishmashed clothes.  And "chore" is the right word!  It's interesting how freeing the whole process was.

Hi sadie, I try very, very hard to not even look at jeans while shopping :lol:!  Congrats on the weight loss.

Hi Kitty, yep...all these influencers (gag :annoyed:) and so-called professional stylists get on my last nerve!  Altho, I admit I check out several fashion bloggers on a regular basis...go figure. :coolio:

And stay away from my sneaks, girl! :lol:

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~