Super Contributor

Was Diane ever a vendor on QVC?  It seems like years ago she was on selling sparkly caftans & other embellished items.  I thought maybe some of you who have been watching Q from the beginning might remember.  I am so happy to see her back on HSN looking happy & well!

Super Contributor

Idon't think she was ever on the Q.  I could be wrong, but honestly don't think she was a Q vendor.  Strictly HSN.    

Of course I haven't seen every hour of the Q since the get go.  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I do think she used to be on QVC.

My memory is of her selling linen items. 

This was well before she started selling jeans.

Honored Contributor

This article says she was on QVC, starting in 1995. She had sold her company to a conglomerate(which she said was a big mistake) so QVC said they would just call her Diane. It's not specific about what she sold on QVC. It also mentions that her husband died of cancer in his 50's.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/20181023/queen-of-jeans-says-stretchy-denim-saved-her-life

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Trusted Contributor

Great article! What a trooper she is.

I didn't realize what a rollercoaster life she has had. Imagine starting a company in your 50's, on a wing and a prayer, and look at where she is now on HSN. She sells millions of jeans a year.

She is very inspiring.

Trusted Contributor

She has a line of clothing on the QVC UK site.  I've noticed a lot of the HSN vendors sell on the overseas QVC sites. I wonder how the prices compare Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago she designed jeans for many musicians.

Honored Contributor

Love Diane Gilman.....love her story, her jeans, and her resiliency.  Glad to see her back in action.

Respected Contributor

I remember before she got into jeans she was selling washable silk on HSN.  I bought a couple pieces, but I think the silk just became too expensive to market on TV.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21

Fantastic article! Thanks for the link!