Super Contributor
On 2/23/2014 chrystaltree said:
On 2/23/2014 evelomaddict said:
On 2/23/2014 Tique said:

She will be 68 in April. She does look younger.

wow. she does look much younger. i thought she was approaching 60 and looking good.

68? she looks amazing.

She does look much younger but more importantly she feels and acts younger. She has a great head of hair that is certainly an asset. The woman serves as an inspiration on how,to age well.

chrystaltree, I agree with you. I was really surprised to read today that she is almost 68!

Super Contributor
Actually, I think the 20/30 somethings may think someone looks younger than they really are. I think this because to a 20/0 something a 60 year old probably seems really old and I am sure they have a mental image of what 50 or 60 looks like. When they encounter some who doesn't fit that image, they think that person is younger. Believe it or not, all I am saying is that whenever I get a student who is the son/daughter from someone I knew in high school, if they find out I am their moms age they are freaked. I usually tell them they may be aging their parents and I don't have any kids.
On 2/23/2014 adelle38 said:

Many times people guessing that you look "ten years younger" are your own age or older. I'm not sure how many 20 year olds would have the same opinion.

Honored Contributor

Did I read on these boards that Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer' was written for/about her?

Or did I dream that one up?

Occasional Contributor

SurvivedOne BRAVO, WELL SAID!!!

On 2/23/2014 SurvivedOne said:

On 2/23/2014 gazelle77 said:
On 2/23/2014 chrystaltree said:

I think she's 65 or so, she can pass for 55 easily.

I think otherwise in closeups. But hey, we each can have a voice and I respect yours. I hope others quit putting me down for having my own.

Don't know who the person is you are speaking of negatively this time. Having a voice, to me, doesn't mean believing it is cool to constantly put down others. Based on your choice of posts I have read, you seem to derive a great deal of pleasure thinking you are putting down other people. Hence, by doing so, the focus points to you and how unhappy you have to be in your own skin, in your own world. That is the picture you paint of yourself. Very sad.

Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2014 magicmoodz said:

With all due respect, she has had the help of HGH injections for a very long time.

Wink You're right Magic--I remember.

I think she looks good for her age, but her hair does date her. She needs to cut some of it off. I like her though. She seems true to herself--like her or not--she's been very successful in reinventing her line on HSN. She's laughing, proudly, all the way to the bank!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 2/23/2014 winamac1 said:
On 2/23/2014 magicmoodz said:

With all due respect, she has had the help of HGH injections for a very long time.

Wink You're right Magic--I remember.

I think she looks good for her age, but her hair does date her. She needs to cut some of it off. I like her though. She seems true to herself--like her or not--she's been very successful in reinventing her line on HSN. She's laughing, proudly, all the way to the bank!

I think she has way too much hair....it overwhelms her face and her hair doesn't look like it is in very good condition. I think she would be stunning with a makeover.

Esteemed Contributor

I tried a pair of DG jeans and had to return them. The waist was huge. I think Diane overdoes the idea that women's waists expand that much more than the rest of them, just because hers does. I'm glad Diane is successful as entrepreneur, but her idea that if you wear her collection you are going to look sexy and hip, well, I think the mature woman will get attention but it might not be the kind she wants. It's all just vintage looking clothing and a blast from the past. Her line reminds me of something different and attention getting, not unlike Quacker Factory.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Did I read on these boards that Elton John's 'Tiny Dancer' was written for/about her?

Or did I dream that one up?{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Here's something I found on a music blog:

"Tiny Dancer" was Bernie's love song to Maxine, "The ballerina", his wife. They married in 1971 and Elton was the best man.

But the song don't tell only his love for Maxine but her work with the band being "the seamstress",and enjoyed them like any other audience member "she sings the songs, the word she knows, the tune she hums".

Trusted Contributor
On 2/23/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Or did I dream that one up?{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Here's something I found on a music blog:

"Tiny Dancer" was Bernie's love song to Maxine, "The ballerina", his wife. They married in 1971 and Elton was the best man.

But the song don't tell only his love for Maxine but her work with the band being "the seamstress",and enjoyed them like any other audience member "she sings the songs, the word she knows, the tune she hums".

Bernie Taupin is the Bernie mentioned.

Esteemed Contributor

Gazelle, I hope you keep posting your opinion as you wish. If others don't care for it they can use the options. I think it's awful to attack a poster like you have been. It's a harmless thread....