Trusted Contributor

Diane Gilman now sells Dream Jeans

I just received an email about these jeans. I don't follow her, but I do know Quacker Factory sells DreamJeannes - maybe my spelling of the term is incorrect - but using the same terminology, albeit spelled differently? Similar fabric?

Super Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman now sells Dream Jeans

I thought DG always had a line she called dream jeans but they were not the knit like QF!

Respected Contributor

I think the similarity is in the soft, stretchy fabric. Are those the same jeans DG had on last month?

Respected Contributor

She sells ""cozy"" jeans. Is that what you are talking about?

Esteemed Contributor

The way I read this, "Dream" refers to the phrase on the home page "We dream about jeans"--and the email title says "Dream Jeans from Diane Gilman, DKNY & more", so I don't think it's saying that she specifically has Dream Jeans, maybe they should have said "dreamy" jeans! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

QF is not the first brand to come out with these Pajama pants.

Honored Contributor

Yes, she's been selling the equivalent to those for about 1 or 2 years now. She talks about how comfortable bla bla they are.

I have 1 pair (I've sent the others back)of them.

Honored Contributor

I don't think she consciously tried to horn in on QF "Dreamjeannes". But she is using and has been using a fabric that is very much like the Dreamjeannes. And she's not the only one. Jean Bice had it first but now stretch, knit and french terry jeans are absolutely everywhere, at all price points.

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2014 Starlight1 said:

Do you even know what pajama jeans looked like? I do. The stretch jeans we are discussing don't look or feel like the old infomercial pajama jeans.

Honored Contributor

On 4/7/2014 Starlight1 said:

The Dream Jeannes are surely not pajama pants, have you every worn a pair or even seen a pair?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.