Respected Contributor

Diane Gilman blazer

[ Edited ]

I have loved Diane Gilman's styles for decades. However, I usually find that her jackets are too long: I would appreciate a petite length.

But I could not resist her Today's Special and ordered her ponte knit blazer. It's available in a variety of colors--solids and plaids,  although I played it safe and ordered black.

I'm optimistic; I certainly hope I don't have to send it back.

Respected Contributor

the blazers she’s offering are great.   Hope you love yours.   I don’t wear blazers, but I have over 30 pairs of her jeans and love them.  They’re the only jeans I’ll Buy.  They fit perfectly and have long wear.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman blazer

[ Edited ]

@insomniac2   Enjoy your new jacket....DG is a fav 

Frequent Contributor

I haven't tried her kackets, but I did order two of them.  The mushroom and the gray.  Likr you I hope I don't have to return them.  I also bought one of the mixed media tops in the mushroom.  I used the coupn they have posted on the website.  Haven't tried that top yet either.  Crossing fingers. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those blazers are BEAUTIFUL. Each and every one. I'd have ordered at least 2 of them if I wasn't only 5 feet tall. The tank they were showing under it with the extra piece at the bottom was really nice too. By the way, watching it about 6:30am, and I don't know if it was live or a recorded show, but I had to chuckle when Diane suddenly stopped her spiel and pointed her arm off to her right and said "hey you guys, can you try to be a little quiet over there please". I rewound and played it a few times cause it was funny. I couldn't hear what it was that was bothering her but obviously it was something. 

Not liking the lavender hair though.

Esteemed Contributor

Please come back and tell us about DG's blazer after you receive it.  I watched the encore presentation early this morning and was soooo tempted.  I always loved a good blazer and this design looks right up my alley.  I'm also short and wondered about the fit.  I just can't bring myself to order a brand I haven't tried before.

I was also interested in DG's ponte dress pants.  Any opinions on those?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl 

Laughing at your comment as I saw it too.  I think it was a pre-recorded segment from last night before midnight, but, whatever was happening caused her to ask for them to quiet down.

It was perfectly Diane. When she is on, and selling, she is a force of nature!  I know some find her brash and pushy, but, I think she's fab.  She knows her items and she doesn't let ANYTHING get in her way.

Whatever was going on behind the scenes, I guarantee you they quieted down Cat LOL

All I could hear was some distracting music, but I think that was part of the presentation.  I cannot imagine those off stage wouldn't be sensitive to the level of noise they were making.

Love that blazer and might have to get one.  Have not bought anything from DG in years, but she is very popular.

Esteemed Contributor

The blazers look good. A pass for me because I don't wear a blazer often and I just bought a black Tahari ponte knit blazer at Marshall's for half the price of the DG TS.

Respected Contributor

I have to say I don't purchase her tops anymore because they're paper thin and have no substance.   Susan Graver has her beat by a landslide in tops.  Diane wins in the jean dept.  

Honored Contributor

Saw these, love them. I love boyfriend jackets/blazers. Yes they will be longer because that's the style of a boyfriend blazer. I am loving the mushroom especially, love DG's mock neck underneath too but those long sleeve tops are pricey for what they are. The color matches with perfectly with the mushroom however.

I am SO glad to see jackets back in style like this. I have a closet full of them, however about a month ago I did go through all of my collection and purged a bunch of them. I did keep all of my longer ones - I'm 5'4" and do not at all find the boyfriend style not too long.

I've been thinking about hitting up a 2nd hand store (goodwill for instance) to find a gently used one or two. Many years ago I'd have found myself in the men's dept trying on small jackets while the men just stodd & looked at me!!!! I've no problem doing that. I love men's jackets with all the pockets they make for them on the inside, no purse necessary then!