Super Contributor

Diane Gilman Today’s special

These Bermuda shorts look cute. Does anyone have any experience with this brand? I haven’t watched the presentation yet, but it looks like from the sizes in the photographs, the models sized up in quite a few cases. Is this typical for this brand, to have to size up a size or two?
Super Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman Today’s special

I went ahead and just ordered the green in my regular size, according to the size chart. I did watch the presentation and they said to go with your normal size. There’s no measurements for the garments, so I hope it works out!
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@GoodyShoes   I listened to the TS hour and I thought I heard that they all either stayed their true size or sized down.  I didn't hear anyone say they sized up.  In fact, I've never heard of sizing up in DG2 jeans.

That's the crux of the problem with DG2 jeans for me.  The brand has many different types of jeans that have varying stretch in them.  I can either buy my normal size, or I have to size down.  It's a ****** shoot -- very frustrating.

Good luck.

The TS is very cute.  I like the chambray denim and midtone denim embroidered options best.

DG2 by Diane Gilman New Classic Stretch Embroidered

Bermuda Short    820-967

$44.99
or 5 FlexPay of $9.00

Chambray

DG2 by Diane Gilman New Classic Stretch Embroidered Bermuda Short

Midtone

Indigo

Black

Kelly Green

Ivory

Honored Contributor

@GoodyShoes wrote:
I went ahead and just ordered the green in my regular size, according to the size chart. I did watch the presentation and they said to go with your normal size. There’s no measurements for the garments, so I hope it works out!

True and I won't buy any garment w/o that shown. What a shame they can't post the measurements. I would imagine sales will be down b/c of that.

Respected Contributor

They are cute. We don't have the rise measurement, but it looks way over 10",  and many of the models have a droopy crotch. That would be me if I ordered! 

Trusted Contributor

@GoodyShoes 

Whatever you do, don't buy any of her denim in black!  I don't know why but it stinks so bad.  I was dumb enough to buy three different items over the years and tried everything to get rid of the smell.  Nothing ever worked.

As far as sizing goes, if it says classic stretch, I get my normal size.  If it says virtual stretch, I go down a size.  Hope this helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@GoodyShoes In my experience with DG2 sizing can be inconsistent, however.......if you are ordering a color stay with your true size or size up 1 size, if ordering the denim you can also stay true to size or size down 1 size.   It's confusing but in my case I can be in between sizes, I am always a 12 in her virtual or classic stretch jeans and if I purchased one of the colors I would go up to a 14.  For some reason the colored ones always seem to run small, always!   HTH.

Honored Contributor

My experience with the classic stretch is that it will stretch out as the day goes by so I always size down. They'll fit snug right out of the dryer but will loosen up while you wear them. I always need to wear a belt with all of my jeans, especially with DG2.