Respected Contributor

@Robin1869 wrote:
I think they're absolutely adorable I ordered the gray for me in the black from my daughter. She is 18 and a size 2 and saw them and loved them Reminds me of the 70s

@Robin1869

Are you familiar with DG's sizing?  If your daughter is size 2 in B&M stores her jeans will be too big.  I'm usually a 4 and find her items are huge on me. Her jeans are tailored for bodies like Diane's.  The waist is large and the hips narrow.

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the TS but there were two problems. First, the length for petites is 28 and I wear a 26 1/2.  Second, I wear a O - 4 petite depending on the design. When she kept stretching the pants I was concerned. 

Honored Contributor

Diane does talk a lot about her jeans being for "middle-aged bodies", so you might want to take that information into consideration.

She was also just talking about how as we age our butts get flat and our bellies get big.  So, if you can't relate to that, these jeans probably won't work for you.

Plus, she's also said in the past that she wears a size 2 in her jeans.  So that's something else to think about if you are wondering about them..  

Respected Contributor

I am 5' 8" and thin. I tried her jeans and I wished I had suspenders to hold them up. (They felt like bibs/overalls bc they came up so high too.) LOL! They were obviously not right for me.  I have had much better luck with Giuliana's jeans. I believe she still has some embroidered jeans available on HSN's website.  These would probably be a much better fit for an 18 yr old. Good luck!!

Respected Contributor

I really like the midtown and washed black, but I have no idea what size I'd need.  I wear a small in Dream Jeannes and a 10 in IM 24/7 jeans.  I entered my measurements and it recommended size 8, but I don't want them to fit like a sausage casing.  Any recommendations? 

Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman TS

[ Edited ]

I have a long torso and  wear her jeans in Tall.  None have ever came up to my natural waist , and surely not above.  No Erkle look desired here.

I surely do not have a flat tush , more of a J Lo tush- but not to Kardashian extreme.  I don't have a gut nor do I have an apple shape.

The models showing the jeans are not all short, dumpy , apple shaped, nor obese.  You just have to play around to find your size.

They run larger, so you normally size down at least one to two sizes.  If you wear a 2 or below, I doubt these will work for you.  

The jeans with the most give or stretch are the virtual stretch option in her jeans.They are soft and have more  give to them- which I prefer as I have six dogs and am very active and do lots of  bending .  Some have less than others.   Always read the fabric content. 

Sizing can be off , even in the same style /size  .   I find the same with jeans at JCP.  You might purchase two pairs in the exact size and color and find a world of difference in the fit.   Not every time, but trust me - it does happen.

I purchased a pair of the TS in every color.  Am now set for Fall with jeans.   Time to start on tops/sweaters. Smiley Happy    Bye bye , budget!   

I have tried many, many brands of jeans and these work best  for me.   I don't like "Mom" style jeans nor do I like them baggy in the legs.

Respected Contributor

I'm long in the torso too, and tall. I'm trying these, and sized down since they are saying her jeans run large. If I have to return them, I know I'll be in for a loooong wait for a refund....the last item I returned, I couldn't believe how long it took to wait for my return to process. ): 

Honored Contributor

@luvsnowmen  You are going to rock those jeans!

Trusted Contributor

@Trudey- Don't know if this will help you or not but in department store jeans I wear either a 10 or 12 (usually a 12).

I am comfortable in Diane's virtual stretch jeans in a 10 and they are generous in the waist - I can stretch the waist band out by 1" - 2".

I could probably get into an 8 but they would tight in legs so I stick with the 10 for comfort.

Respected Contributor

@luvsnowmen wrote:

I have a long torso and  wear her jeans in Tall.  None have ever came up to my natural waist , and surely not above.  No Erkle look desired here.

I surely do not have a flat tush , more of a J Lo tush- but not to Kardashian extreme.  I don't have a gut nor do I have an apple shape.

The models showing the jeans are not all short, dumpy , apple shaped, nor obese.  You just have to play around to find your size.

They run larger, so you normally size down at least one to two sizes.  If you wear a 2 or below, I doubt these will work for you.  

The jeans with the most give or stretch are the virtual stretch option in her jeans.They are soft and have more  give to them- which I prefer as I have six dogs and am very active and do lots of  bending .  Some have less than others.   Always read the fabric content. 

Sizing can be off , even in the same style /size  .   I find the same with jeans at JCP.  You might purchase two pairs in the exact size and color and find a world of difference in the fit.   Not every time, but trust me - it does happen.

I purchased a pair of the TS in every color.  Am now set for Fall with jeans.   Time to start on tops/sweaters. Smiley Happy    Bye bye , budget!   

I have tried many, many brands of jeans and these work best  for me.   I don't like "Mom" style jeans nor do I like them baggy in the legs.

@luvsnowmen thank you your most  informative post on DG2 jeans and welcome to the forum. Woman Very Happy