Honored Contributor

I really like the TS her velvet jeans.  I also like the velvet jacket and sequin tank top.  If I had a more active social life I would buy the whole outfit.   But I dont believe I would get that much use out of it anymore.  So Im passing on it.

On another note, the DG show IMO was a disaster.  They only highlighted the dark colors and the host yanked the items off and on the rack so quick you could hardly get a look at anything.  

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I'm not a velvet wearer, but these don't really scream velvet.  Amy looks fabulous in the Navy.  I ended up buying the navy pants, the jacket and the sequin top.   I have a zillion pairs of Diane's jeans and love all of them.  They fit great.  The price is fabulous for such good quality jeans.  The show did show closeups of the fabric.   

Honored Contributor

@Blingqueen023 .............oh wow lucky you.  I know you will look fabulous in your outfit!  Yes they did a good job on the close ups.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman' TS on HSN

[ Edited ]

I want them - and I reeeally want that matching jean jacket.  I was creating all sorts of outfits in my head when I realized that, gee, I don't have anywhere to wear them now.  I thought that jacket would be fabulous for all our travels around the country, but we certainly aren't traveling these days.  Drats!

Guess I'll pass.

Edited to add:   I got the eggplant jacket.  (my husband told me I deserved it - ha)

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Blingqueen023 .............oh wow lucky you.  I know you will look fabulous in your outfit!  Yes they did a good job on the close ups.

@Imaoldhippie Thank you.  I really don't like boot cut jeans, but they said it was mini the boot cut.  I'm giving them a try.  I work in a doctor's office and can wear jeans so hopefully this will work.  Be safe and healthy and enjoy the weekend!

Respected Contributor

I got the olive Jean jacket. Love the edgy look of a Jean jacket and her stretch velvet is fabulous and comfortable. I have tons of pairs of pants - yay! 

Respected Contributor

I could not sleep last night and watched this presentation.  I have never bought any Diane Gilman, but I sure like that jacket. In olive...........

Trying hard to resist...............

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

i have the gunmetal, in my cart. i haven't had her clothes before and she keeps saying size down. i generally get 1x in q pants, just deciding is hard. i love my denim but would like to change it up for winter(michigan).

Trusted Contributor

Her velvet is wonderful, as it has a lot of cotton in it, plus some rayon & spandex.  It’s really like velveteen.  I’ve had many pairs over the years, & have saved a couple because the colors are so nice.  Her current colors look great.  Don’t think these are only for dress-up, as they are warm in winter, & nice to wear everyday too.

Loved the jackets!

Esteemed Contributor

@Re: Diane Gilman' TS on HSN

@10sluvr  I have several pairs of her jeans and I recommend true to size.  If you are between sizes as am I (12-14) I wear a 12 in her virtual stretch jeans.  Some brands I have to go to 14.     These won't have much stretch I don't believe because there is only 1% spandex.  All in all I am happy with her line but a word of caution as with most designers sizing is difficult.   Sizing down has never once worked for me.