Trusted Contributor

Diane Gilman TS bermuda shorts

I very seldom order clothing online but I’ve been looking for something like these bermudas and decided to take a chance. After ordering, I watched the full presentation and heard her say that you should order a size down from what you regularly wear. What?? Fortunately, HSN does let you cancel orders so I did. Does anyone have any experience with her virtual stretch? I ordered a small as 4 or 6 is my usual size, but I’m now wondering about x small. I would want them to fit like a jegging. I’d appreciate any thoughts.

Occasional Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman TS bermuda shorts

You could always order a pair in each size and try them on when you receive them.  Although you would have to return the pair that doesn't fit.

I wear an 8/10... I have always went with the Medium size.  Didn't feel that I needed the Small size.

Hope that helps... I love Diane Gilman's jeans and shorts.

Honored Contributor

@Tucsongal2.  I didn't believe it myself but you really should order down a size, at least in jeans.  I had quite a time finding a pair to fit because I didnt follow instructions.  Those Bermudas seem very long.  I noticed on some of the models, they came below the knee, in which case I suppose they become capris.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Tucsongal2 , good luck on sizing with Diane Gilmore.  I stopped shopping her line after repeated returns.  Inconsistent sizing all around.  The only way to ensure you get something that fits is to order multiple sizes.  Gets expensive.  I just gave up.

What is really irksome is that they are well aware of the issue and do nothing to address it.  Read reviews on her products.  A common complaint.  LM

Esteemed Contributor

Love Diane Gilman especially her jeans. (I love that she offers talls.)  I think the shorts will be a big hit especially due to the length.

Check the sizing chart against your measurements.  The sizing on the shorts includes two sizes.  If you are the smaller size, go down.  If you are the larger size, stay with that size.   The large is a 14-16.  If you are a 14, go down to a medium.  If you are a 16, stay with the large.  Enjoy your new shorts!

Super Contributor

I used to order Diane Gilman jeans and shorts but I stopped because there is no quality control., You can order 2 pair in the same style and size and they will be a totally different measured size. They are not cut the same at all. Especially if you order different colors. Ladies complained about this for years, Finally I just stopped ordering. It is too bad because I liked the style but it was too much hassle to see if they would actually be the right size.

Respected Contributor

I've never ordered any of her jeans or shorts because I'm not her target body type.  But her tops are great and I usually size down.

Regular Contributor

Yes it's true, size down. There's a ton more give to that fabric than in her classic denim fabric. For that reason I really wish these were done in numeric sizes, because there's such a big difference in cut from one size to the next with this format. I'm between a 16 and 18 in a petite, and can't tell what size to order. I would get black and that beige or khaki color.

All that aside, I have always had great customer experience with HSN. They are aware of inconsistent sizing in dg2 and have been very nice, understanding, and supportive. When I order a 16p in a longer pant and it's not cut to spec, maybe it's still just too large, or the rear rise is ridiculously too low, etc. they have ALWAYS taken care of return shipping, whether I want to exchange or not. Just call them.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all for the helpful responses🙂.  I’ll watch another presentation and decide if I want to roll the dice on an x small.  They looked loose on some of the models and I agree they are kind of long but I would try a petite. 

Respected Contributor

They have a lot of stretch but I hate the way they look when they are very tight on the leg. It looks like a sausage casing IMO.

I didn't go down in this one because the models who said they did size down looked too small.

I agree that her sizes are not always consistent...unfortunately.