Contributor

Re: Diane Gilman TS HSN Special today...

The 5'1.5" made me giggle a little.  I saw the DJ2 presentation yesterday and I really liked the jeggings.  I even urged my wife to give them a try.

I think you will be fine with the xs but worst case is you exchange them.

Respected Contributor

@MrW wrote:

The 5'1.5" made me giggle a little.  I saw the DJ2 presentation yesterday and I really liked the jeggings.  I even urged my wife to give them a try.

I think you will be fine with the xs but worst case is you exchange them.

Lol...like "had to add the 1/2?!" More like...I always said 5'2", thought I was...but lately at the docs I'm always measured at 5'1.5"...and I just decided to be "exact." My license still says 5'2"...close enough. Smiley Wink  Hey...I noticed Amy Stran always says she's 5'2.5"...every centimeter counts!

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for all the good and specific feedback!

Either way gonna be a "cr#p" shoot...with measurements all over the place...but I decided to stick with XS, because the waist measurement on the S is just too big for me.

And also stuck with "regular" just because that is what I usually buy and prefer in pants. Even though I'm a petite height, my legs are longer than my torso for my height.

Neither looked like a perfect fit for my measurements, judging by all the numbers...but we shall see! I'll report back, in case it helps anyone else. I also realize these aren't actually jeans, but more like Kim Gravel's "flexabell" (as someone said here)...but I'm ok with that....they really looked jean like on tv.

Thanks again everyone.

Respected Contributor

@SweetScarlet wrote:
I’m so confused on the sizing. I am a size 6-8 and ordered two in size small. With seeing Amy in small, I’m wondering if I should go with medium? I would appreciate any input, thank you.

Sorry, next day and I only just saw this...I think for you I'd stick with the small...just as I kept the "sized down" size for my 2/4 measurements...I went with the lower number XS because the waist looked so big on the small...and I'm not a 6.  I mean it may be different for you, but for me, at least on tv, Amy looked built very different from me...wider around the hips and middle.

I'd go by your waist measurements. With 8% spandex, the hips will be forgiving.

It is TOUGH to buy pants on tv!!! So...we will see! Report back if you can.

Honored Contributor

I usually wear an xxs or xs.  I am 5'3 104 lbs and I hate skin tight clothes.  I ordered the small in the black.  Exchanges are much easier with HSN than QVC.  

Trusted Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 wrote:

I can't tell you how many jeans I've bought that have too much stretch and they won't stay up! 

I have a smaller waist, no tummy and I am always pulling them up.

Give me more 98/2 or all cotton. Those are the ones I am wearing.

I have a bigger waist and tummy, smaller hips, and a flat butt and have the same problem with stretchy pants not staying up!  😁😁. (I am tugging them up in back!)   I too prefer 98/2 or all cotton.

Dianne G. has so many jeans and leggings, I can't keep them straight.  I tried a pair once (years ago) and they were too high waisted for me.

Honored Contributor

I am a pear shape so it is very, very rare that I can actually size down in anything, even when they say that's what you should do.  Most of the time when they say you can size down, it's if you have thin legs.  MarlaWynn always says you can size down in her flatter fit pants and that is not the case for me.  In fact, I need to size UP because she's another one I think designs for those who are more of an apple shape, like Diane.

I passed on these.  I've owned DG jeggings in the past.  I remember I ordered my normal size and I had no issues with them baggy out or falling down.  I wish she had done these in a choice of either skinny or straight leg or even a bootcut. 

For those of you who may have a Sam's Club membership, just before Christmas I purchased a pair of pull-on jeggings and I love them. I'm pretty sure they are Nine West and I know they were under $15.00.  They may have been under $10.00.  The fit on me is perfect and they came in numeric sizing.

Super Contributor

@luvmyteddy4 I have DG pull on jeans ( not knit) in size small, ( I am an 8 in most BM stores) and they have belt loops and I use an invisibelt. Solves that sliding down problem on all my jeans.

Honored Contributor

@PodyPo wrote:

@luvmyteddy4 I have DG pull on jeans ( not knit) in size small, ( I am an 8 in most BM stores) and they have belt loops and I use an invisibelt. Solves that sliding down problem on all my jeans.

If any pair of jeans or jeggings don't have belt loops then I don't buy them. I use the Invisibelt, too. I couldn't wear my jeans without it. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just coming back to update...these are perfect on me! I love them. Don't know, of course, yet, how they'll wash and wear, and if there will be any "stretch out" issues some people have mentioned with their DG2 pants...but that said..

As far as sizing...again, I'm 5'1.5", always buy regular, not petites, as I did here, and I'm a size 4 and purchased XS...these fit perfectly! So glad I got this length, as they fit just how I like them in the length..down to my lower ankle with only a little "scrunch"...and I mean only a tad. I like that look, but always if/when skinnies are too long, I just tuck them under and they stay just fine. I much prefer that little extra to work with, than petite length, which would have come higher on my ankle bone or lower calf (only time I'm ok with that is summertime, like a little crop/ankle pant.)

No bag at all in the waist, which I thought there might be...they fit and feel beautiful! I wish I'd bought the blue color now and am going back to look at other DG2's. Comfortable stretch, they feel firm on the body but not constricting and uncomfortable. Again...will that last without stretching out as time goes on remains to be seen...but I'll report back if so.

I thought you all might like to know how this ended up. The other woman who posted about sizing here that night that was going to try them....how did they work out for you? Hope it worked out well.

Thanks for all the feedback here, that helped!

**** Update~Darn it! ....no more left in my size. Smiley Sad( (other than green and pink, not interested.) Well, DG2 will be on my radar now..