Esteemed Contributor

@Indra wrote:

I was too confused when I happend to be clicking through channels and saw Sam on HSN.  I thought I must be looking at ShopHQ, but then Diane Gilman popped up.  Anyway, I have so many questions.  Most importantly, how many representatives does one brand need?

If there is a lot of work, the answer may be many, particularly on a Holiday weekend when maybe someone is off.  (I haven't been watching, so I don't know.)

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Diane actually that Sam will be the head of her design team.  She's taking some down time to travel, relax, get new ideas.  Sam will bring new ideas and fresh ideas to the brand.  Shivan's role will not change.  We'll be seeing her and Sam on the shows and Diane will make appearances.  I think Diane knows that after all this time DG2 has to move forward to stay relevant and she's knocking on the door to 80.  

Makes sense Diane is thinking about succession.  She has been working so many years.  I don't shop her any more, but she got me back into jeans when she first brought DG2 jeans.  I am a difficult fit, and her pants fit me!  Then they changed...  They stretch so much, I couldn't keep them on.  I haven't bought any in a while.  I also liked her tops in the beginning.  Later our syles diverged.

Honored Contributor

@Indra   I shop very little at this time, but if I surf into HSN during commercials elsewhere, many times DG is on the air.  I would think, therefore, she could use any number of reps.   Lots of vendor reps are not full time workers which might explain why we see a variety.

I would be quite happy if DG Let her employees do all her shows because I do not like her voice for more than a minute.

Super Contributor

I guess I'm of the mindset that if a brand is named after that person, I expect to see that person hawking their wares.  If I'm buying Marla Wynne, I want to see Marla Wynne.  If I'm buying Iman's fashions, I want Iman front and center during the presentations. Adrienne, Joy Mangano, etc., the same. However, I do understand that Diane is older and has had health issues and probably has other priorities. If she settled on one face as her "second-in-command," I think it would be easier for viewers who channel surf.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never bought One World nor DG clothing, but I like Sam.  He has such a cheerful personality.  One World isn't my style and the sizing confusion with Diane's jeans makes me hesitate.  I don't want to be sending stuff back. 

Is Sam done with Shop HQ? Too bad for them if he is.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@Indra wrote:

I guess I'm of the mindset that if a brand is named after that person, I expect to see that person hawking their wares.  If I'm buying Marla Wynne, I want to see Marla Wynne.  If I'm buying Iman's fashions, I want Iman front and center during the presentations. Adrienne, Joy Mangano, etc., the same. However, I do understand that Diane is older and has had health issues and probably has other priorities. If she settled on one face as her "second-in-command," I think it would be easier for viewers who channel surf.

@Indra Designers are human, they retire, pass away, sometimes their investors push them out, or they leave to pursue other endeavors.  Many name brands live on without their progenitors such as Halston, Gloria Vanderbuilt, Anne Klein, Donna Karan, Kate Spade, Betsey Johnson, Calvin Klein, QVC's Carole Hochman, makeup creator Bobbi Brown.

Respected Contributor

One World had a sameness to it, but it was moderately priced. Guess that notion will disappear and all tops will be $50+.

Esteemed Contributor

Becky Wright took over Sam's role at ShopHQ.

Honored Contributor

I almost thought I was dreaming when I saw Sam the other night while chanel surfing.  DH was in the room so I didn't linger.  Happy to see this, personally I haven't bought a single piece of One World this year and I really can't say why.  It just doesn't seem new and fresh anymore.  He just might get me to try DG again, the two jeans I've ordered in the past were too big even though I went down a size. I was discouraged and gave up.  

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

I have never bought One World nor DG clothing, but I like Sam.  He has such a cheerful personality.  One World isn't my style and the sizing confusion with Diane's jeans makes me hesitate.  I don't want to be sending stuff back. 

———————

I always wanted to see a One World “light” lol. Just a little less of everything, but the silhouettes work for me. I’ll be looking to see what the new collaboration brings. The only DG  I ever tried it was a TSV Bermuda short a few years ago. Based on the different information given in the presentations I ended up with the wrong size and have had no interest in trying anything since then.