Respected Contributor

Diance gilman jeans...anyone tried?

I have never tried them  Wondering what they are like. I am so sick of the baggy butt jeans.  They start out snug and in a few hours the butt is all stretched out.  Flexibelle is the worst for that.   

Respected Contributor

Re: Diance gilman jeans...anyone tried?

@chiclet  That was my experience with DG jeans years ago so haven't tried them again in years unless they have changed?  Even the stomach area stretched out. I also had the black denim  unwearable due to a dye odor that could not be removed and had to throw those as well.

Honored Contributor

I havent bought any DG2 jeans in a long time.  At the time they were my favorite jeans.  Diane cut the front pockets so shallow that my tube of chapstick would fall out.  I stopped buying them.

For me the flexibelles do not stretch out or bag.  They are the best jeans for me.  Have you tried sizing down 1 size in the flexibelles?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I've been buying Flexibelles lately because they do not stretch, bag or sag and that is after several wearing.  I have worn Diane Gilman jeans since she first started making jeans.  I haven't experienced any sagging in the Virtual Stretch fabric which is what I prefer because it has more stretch than Classic Stretch.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet I can only attest for one pair I bought. Casual, dark wash skinnies. I just wanted a skinny pair last winter, to replace my more expensive ones I didn't fit into until I lost my pandemic pounds, so I bought a DG TSV skinny, dark wash.

No stretching out. Fit was true to size, though they recommended you go down a size, due to all the stretch...I did, and they fit fine. The denim, on this particular pair, was not what I'd call premium...but had a bit of a more rugged, rougher feel than my more expensive Tribal, AG, and Liverpool skinnies. But I didn't care, was just looking for a casual winter skinny I could wear with sweaters, tunics and tops. For what I wanted I was happy with them.

I also own a pair of DG2 jeggings in gray, and like those as well.

I'd say give them a try...as far as the two I've owned, no "baggy butt."

Btw...I bought a pair of KG's denim shorts last year and returned them...they bagged out badly, after one wear, and the bottom, which was unhemmed/fringe type, started to unravel. I don't do KG denim.  I DO love her twill shorts, same pair, just twill, are great!

Hope that helps.

**Updated: These are the DG2 denims I bought:

DG2 Classic Stretch Signature Ultra Skinny Jean Item 775-635

In the "Indigo" They look just like the picture, in person.

Honored Contributor

@Gorgf wrote:

@chiclet  That was my experience with DG jeans years ago so haven't tried them again in years unless they have changed?  Even the stomach area stretched out. I also had the black denim  unwearable due to a dye odor that could not be removed and had to throw those as well.

Same experience. By the end of the day I was pulling them up.

Honored Contributor

I haven't tried them although she sells a lot.  Not my body type.  She designs more for an "apple" shape and I'm a "pear"--LOL!!!

I recently bought a pair of KG "packabelle" pants and I love them!  Fit great and no sag.  Wish she offered more of these pants.

Esteemed Contributor

Like @kaydee50 said, Diane's clothes are designed to be big around the middle. She designs for herself and she is an apple shape. Even Diane's jackets and tops are wide or A-shaped.

Good for some, but not for others.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I was wondering about these. The red ones are very cute!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've gotten many pairs. Her "classic" stretch fabric, to me, was scratchy but the "virtual" stretch is better (my perception), and not baggy at end of the day.  Also, her sizing is very inconsistent. I recently got some capris in 2 colors and 1 fit and the other had to exchange for 1 size up- same pant! That's poor QC.  But her pricing can be good, and the fit is good on me (vs KG, who's fit is much more for pear shape ladies)- 

Bottom line, it's hit or miss! Be prepared to return...