Valued Contributor

Jen7 by 7 for All Mankind Ankle Straight Jeans with Destroyed Hem

Wouldn't "distressed hem" be a better description?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Probably depends on how big a mess they've made of it.  If it's really bad, it's "destroyed". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

They looked like something you would see on HeeHaw, IMHO.  They looked better when Amy rolled hers up and that part didn't show.  Obviously there is a market for them.  

As far as the term, new branding of the same ole, same ole.....

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

It's a "raw edge"........wonder why they can't just say that........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

If any of my dogs had gotten hold of my clothes when they were pups, the word destroyed would be most appropriate. I was the one who was distressed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Destroyed Hems?

[ Edited ]

There are brands that describe styles of their jeans as destroyed as well when they are heavily ripped/shredded. 

I just looked at these Jen7 jeans and I wouldn't use the word destroyed to describe that hem.  If they were shredded and frayed on the bottom, maybe.  That hem doesn't appeal to me at all.  It looks way too planned.

Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

If any of my dogs had gotten hold of my clothes when they were pups, the word destroyed would be most appropriate. I was the one who was distressed.

@Vivian 

Laughing Emoji GIFs | Tenor

Valued Contributor

@Lipstickdiva - I agree with you.  They look way too planned.  I tried some frayed hemmed jeans but my big toe kept getting caught in one of the frays.  I probably wore them 3 times.