Esteemed Contributor

Re: Designer Very Wang at her 73rd birthday bash

I don't find either of these outfits to accurately represent the Vera Wang aesthetic I thought I knew.

But for the love of God, can we stop with the photoshopping and filters already. When we have young girls who feel inadequate, less than, depressed and maybe even suicidal, let's remember we must hold ourselves accountable for what they are trying to measure up to.

Honored Contributor

The intention of my OP was to post about the fashion.  The filers do not bother me.  I thought it would be interesting to show a designer's choice of clothing for her 73rd birthday.

Honored Contributor

She could use some McDonald's and Little Caesar food.

When your so skinny you look old. All these waifs age  bad

Thinking of Jane Seymour, also, you see a pic of her catching

her off guard and they all look their real age and more.

Esteemed Contributor

The fashion Vera Wang wears is "interesting." That's all I will say about it.  I remember seeing her clothes at Kohl's years ago, and liked some of those styles. 

She doesn't look very healthy overall, almost anorexic. Gaining a few pounds would help her immensely. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Trusted Contributor

@teganslaw wrote:

The fashion Vera Wang wears is "interesting." That's all I will say about it.  I remember seeing her clothes at Kohl's years ago, and liked some of those styles. 

She doesn't look very healthy overall, almost anorexic. Gaining a few pounds would help her immensely. 

Neither a person's health, or an eating disorder, can be diagnosed by a stranger.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Honored Contributor

There is something unsettling when a 73-year-old thinks she looks cute dressed up like a 7-year-old at her birthday party. 

So is this what a 70-year-old female should aspire to?  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

There is something unsettling when a 73-year-old thinks she looks cute dressed up like a 7-year-old at her birthday party. 

So is this what a 70-year-old female should aspire to?  Woman Frustrated

Unsettling, indeed.  And terribly sad.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner I could not agree more. She looks ridiculous.

Trusted Contributor

She used the blush theme to her advantage.  The outfits are cute, and she looks great.  Move over Josie.  

Super Contributor

I met Vera Wang years ago when she came out with her first perfume. She was very gracious and even signed a picture of my boss in one of her wedding dresses. I wish her continued success. Thank you for the pictures.