Occasional Contributor

Describing where we will wear our clothes?

I have been a QVC fan since 2007. I purchase very often and have watched very often over the years. Some of the hosts have to start reeling it in. Please don't spend time telling us all the places we can wear our clothes that they are selling! Some story telling is fine but please keep it to a minimum. It's to the point with a couple of the hosts that I am unable to watch my favorite vendors because the host gets so loud and ittitating in their chatter to the point I am unable to watch when I want to purchase and need to see items on the models and have descriptions of fabric, the cut of the piece, length, etc. Sorry to say that when Rachel Boesing and Jane Treacy are hosting I am unable to watch presentations for purpose of seeing if I want to purchase because they are too interested in being cute, funny, and getting all the attention.
Honored Contributor

Re: Describing where we will wear our clothes?

@Foxann wrote:
I have been a QVC fan since 2007. I purchase very often and have watched very often over the years. Some of the hosts have to start reeling it in. Please don't spend time telling us all the places we can wear our clothes that they are selling! Some story telling is fine but please keep it to a minimum. It's to the point with a couple of the hosts that I am unable to watch my favorite vendors because the host gets so loud and ittitating in their chatter to the point I am unable to watch when I want to purchase and need to see items on the models and have descriptions of fabric, the cut of the piece, length, etc. Sorry to say that when Rachel Boesing and Jane Treacy are hosting I am unable to watch presentations for purpose of seeing if I want to purchase because they are too interested in being cute, funny, and getting all the attention.

i'm with you on the places ... and they are always the same:  wear it to walk the dog, taking the kids and dropping them off to school, dance, etc., run out to Wa-Wa.  When your running around doing errands, to church, out to dinner.  I don't need suggestions as I am capable of choosing what I wear to what event.  

Trusted Contributor

I do agree...less personal chatter and talk FIT CUT STYLE SIZE...thats what the QVC viewer wants. Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

100% agree! Please Stop suggesting where to wear the clothes.  It's juvenile and condescending, in my opinion.  Styling is one thing, but telling us where to wear outfits is so old and keeps QVC in the dark ages of home shopping.  

Time to let that go.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I try to envision their work roundtable meeting discussions.  Someone mentions running out of things to say.  The other hosts join in and say "never forget to stretch things out by saying where you can wear the outfit.  That can go on for 2-3 sentences.  Then when you're done with that, tell a story about one of your kids and how they would like this outfit - or that you have the outfit and your kid complimented you.  And also never forget to add the fact that you can SHOP BACKWARDS and to keep an eye on the RED LIGHT/GREEN LIGHT banner at the bottom of the screen."

Honored Contributor

Oh yes, and let us not forget what we can wear to the Pumpkin Patch!!  When that started swirling around I made a quick exit.  I usually check out clothing on-line and forgo the "Showmanship" provided by the Hosts.   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I've noticed that over the years watching QVC has become less enjoyable.  I figured it was me changing my lifestyle and maybe becoming more aware of the sales tactics.  But you may be right that some of it is QVC changing over the years as well.  I am with everyone here that I really don't want or need personal chatter and want more facts about sizing, dimensions, fabric content, etc. 

Honored Contributor

Do the hosts know that most of us adults actually KNOW how to dress?

Esteemed Contributor

Dressing myself before ALL of them (host) were born!

Honored Contributor

@Foxann 

I would go to their public FB and give them some helpful suggestions.

Hosts don't read the forums, so nothing will change.