Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso or Pam McCoy

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't own any faux fur from either and I will not support DB because he is a furrier. 

Typically because I am anti real fur, I have no desire to look like I am wearing real fur so I don't own faux fur coats.  But that PMC top value is really catching my eye.  And there is a 15% off code available to everyone that can be used even on the TTV. 

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I don't own any faux fur from either and I will not support DB because he is a furrier. 

Typically because I am anti real fur, I have no desire to look like I am wearing real fur so I don't own faux fur coats.  But that PMC top value is really catching my eye.  And there is a 15% off code available to everyone that can be used even on the TTV. 

Ita about Dennis..I can't buy from him anymore either. I own the leopard hooded jacket Pam has from a couple years ago and its exquisite! I love the taupe colored leopard and the lynx..but I have so many now..lol. Some of them have already sold out..I think the code expires tonight!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

About 8-10 years ago I ordered very similar faux mink jackets from Basso and McCoy.   I had them both side by side so I could compare.   The McCoy fur fabric was more lush and realistic.   The construction of the McCoy jacket was also superior; overall it was just a nicer garment. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I don't own either simply because I don't want to wear "fur' faux or not.  And I would never line the pockets of a furrier who makes money from torturing animals.  I do think that Pam also did real fur in the past.

Fur belongs on the one to which it was born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Dennis and Pam McCoy both make nice faux fur coats.  But I think the best ever was Terry Lewis when she was on HSN.  Her faux fur was sensational.

Honored Contributor

Quite frankly, where I live wearing fur whether real or fake (and few can tell the difference) might get me in a lot of trouble. I have heard of people wearing fur coats getting hit with paint in Manhattan. I'll pass...... For ethical reasons too.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry I live in Manhattan and I see furs all the time and never seen anyone getting splattered with paint.  They use to protest years ago in front of or near business selling furs but I have not seen any in years.

On that note Dennis Basso's tsv is nice I am not purchasing because I have too many coats already but I love the collar but wondr if it would stay on your head.

Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Sorry I live in Manhattan and I see furs all the time and never seen anyone getting splattered with paint.  They use to protest years ago in front of or near business selling furs but I have not seen any in years.

On that note Dennis Basso's tsv is nice I am not purchasing because I have too many coats already but I love the collar but wondr if it would stay on your head.

I have seen right on Fifth Ave someone splattered with paint and many of my friends have claimed that people make ugly comments if they wear fur. Frankly, the paint is wrong but I think anyone with the audacity to wear fur in Manhattan is kind of like risky behavior. There are too many reasons not to.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

I have seen right on Fifth Ave someone splattered with paint and many of my friends have claimed that people make ugly comments if they wear fur. Frankly, the paint is wrong but I think anyone with the audacity to wear fur in Manhattan is kind of like risky behavior. There are too many reasons not to.

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened but living and working in Manhattan over 50 years I've never seen it.  I thought you meant you just heard that.  In my opinion it is wrong and ignorant for someone to throw paint on another person's fur whether they think it's real or not; if they want to protest fine and leave it at that to each his own.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 wrote:

Thanks for clarifying.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened but living and working in Manhattan over 50 years I've never seen it.  I thought you meant you just heard that.  In my opinion it is wrong and ignorant for someone to throw paint on another person's fur whether they think it's real or not; if they want to protest fine and leave it at that to each his own.

As a young girl, my father bought me a fur coat. It is beautiful. I haven't worn it in more than 2 decades. I don't live in New York anymore and live in California and if I need a coat, it usually is one that isn't that heavy. However, I am sure I would wear it if I lived someone else. I would be discreet. I would never buy one now but I already have it, it's old and what am I supposed to do with it. Make it into a throw?

I bought the TSV because I needed something to wear when it was colder and it is purely a casual coat to me. I hope the fit is good otherwise, I will have to return it for another size.

Honored Contributor

I prefer McCoy's coats.  They are more "lush" looking.  Her coats look very real.  Basso sometimes produces coats with  bad sizing.  He tends to make very big coats.  Hands down the warmest is McCoy's Tissavel French made coats.  The weave is the closest you will find in warmth to real fur coats.