Esteemed Contributor

Do any of you own a faux fur from both designers...Pam has her coat as the TTV on Evine today....and Dennis has one for Friday...

I was wondering which fur is the nicer...I have owned many of DB's but have never tried Pam's....

Honored Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso or Pam McCoy

In my opinion, each are equally beautiful and do faux furs right.

I've owned a beautiful reversible coat by Pam McCoy, solid black repellent fabric on one side, gorgeous black/grey/creamy ivory faux fur on the other side.  Perfect fit, large pockets, with a hood, easy to care for, VERY warm!  Loved this coat for sure.  I have since given it away only because I have had tons of winter coats when I worked.  I've pared down much of my work wardrobe including coats since I no longer need office work clothes anymore.

I've also owned faux fur winter coats by DB.  His too very much fit the bill - great fit, perfect for winter to stay warm, great buy, easy to care for.

I'd buy either and know I'd be thrilled with either designer.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

In my opinion, each are equally beautiful and do faux furs right.

I've owned a beautiful reversible coat by Pam McCoy, solid black repellent fabric on one side, gorgeous black/grey/creamy ivory faux fur on the other side.  Perfect fit, large pockets, with a hood, easy to care for, VERY warm!  Loved this coat for sure.  I have since given it away only because I have had tons of winter coats when I worked.  I've pared down much of my work wardrobe including coats since I no longer need office work clothes anymore.

I've also owned faux fur winter coats by DB.  His too very much fit the bill - great fit, perfect for winter to stay warm, great buy, easy to care for.

I'd buy either and know I'd be thrilled with either designer.

ITA

I own 2 Pamela McCoy coats and they are lovely.

I also own many DB coats!  

One has to pick and choose from both lines--both lines have real winners, and both lines have duds.  I think the TTV is nice, but I don't need it and am not buying.  If you like it, go for it--it's lovely!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I own both and have at least 15 of Pams..the problem I have with Dennis is he also sells real fur..being an animal activist..well, you understand..

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

@circles wrote:

Do any of you own a faux fur from both designers...Pam has her coat as the TTV on Evine today....and Dennis has one for Friday...

I was wondering which fur is the nicer...I have owned many of DB's but have never tried Pam's....

Good morning, first of all I have never purchased from Dennis or Pam.  I do not need a coat right now, however Pam's coats are lovely.  I was watching some of her show yesterday and I could not believe howe pretty some of her pieces are.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I agree, they are basically the same except Pam has some in tisavel, which is supposed to be very nice faux. I ordered the steel grey hooded knee length coat. The TSV is nice, but I have jackets this length already.

Honored Contributor

I don't own any faux fur from either and I will not support DB because he is a furrier. 

Typically because I am anti real fur, I have no desire to look like I am wearing real fur so I don't own faux fur coats.  But that PMC top value is really catching my eye.  And there is a 15% off code available to everyone that can be used even on the TTV. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thank You for your replies..I appreciate all of your input...

I really don't need another coat/jacket.....however I like the looks for both specials...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I own from both DB and PM and I have to say they are both top notch.  I brought my coats from both designers many years ago and they still look new the quality is top notch.  I forgot to mention I own full length coats from both which I prefer when winter really kicks in even though I own shorter versions I prefer the long coats for the cold weather.

Super Contributor

UM let me see, who do I like better.  Dennis makes his living off the skin of tortured animals, Pam doesn't....