Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Platinum vs. Sterling collections?

Both jackets are very cute I like my longer to cover the backside but Dennis knows how to make faux fur I had three purchased a long time ago I gave one to my mother's home attendant to show my appreciation for going over and beyond the duties and she loved it so much.

Honored Contributor

I love Jacque's "hombre" hair. She looks nice with her hair that way.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what the difference is.  I have a platinum coat from DB and the faux fur is quite nice-soft as can be.

Respected Contributor

Eenie Meenie....

Which one would serve you better? Or just for fun?

I'm a big help. Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

@Melania wrote:

Eenie Meenie....

haha...no kidding!  Well.....I could get both colors in the platinum collection for the same price as the one Sterling faux mink jacket. 

Seems like a no brainer....IF I don't look like the Michelin Man in the "chubby" jacket.I think it's against my religion to buy anything that has the word "chubby" in it!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@emma bunting wrote:

@Melania wrote:

Eenie Meenie....

haha...no kidding!  Well.....I could get both colors in the platinum collection for the same price as the one Sterling faux mink jacket. 

Seems like a no brainer....IF I don't look like the Michelin Man in the "chubby" jacket.I think it's against my religion to buy anything that has the word "chubby" in it!Woman LOL

Yeah, chubby is a swear word. Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@emma bunting wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

The Platinum Collection costs more than the other one. 

Do you think the quality is that much  better? I've never bought any Basso faux fur before.....

Faux fur is faux fur.  He wouldn't use a cheaper grade on any of his fashions because that would kill his Qvc business.  I'm sure that whatever they call the line, the quality is the same.

Super Contributor

Over the years I've purchased five or six of his coats.  Every one of them ran big.  So if you normally wear a large and you ordered an extra large, I bet it will be quite big on you.  I would check dimensions of each garment and that might help you make up your mind.  Good luck!

Super Contributor

@Carolm wrote:

Over the years I've purchased five or six of his coats.  Every one of them ran big.  So if you normally wear a large and you ordered an extra large, I bet it will be quite big on you.  I would check dimensions of each garment and that might help you make up your mind.  Good luck!

Yeah....that's what I'm thinking @Carolm. I wish the "chubby" coat came in a large but it was last clicks and was lucky to get the XL.   Will see how it fits...and if it's too big I'll go back and order the Sterling collection one in a large. 

Esteemed Contributor

His new collection looks really nice I shouldn't have looked but luckily my size and the color I want is gone but A270681 in the sable is a beauty and it has a hood.