Super Contributor

Dennis Basso Platinum vs. Sterling collections?

I notice that his Sterling collection is new. Does anyone have any info on how this collection compares to his Platinum collection? I'm assuming Platinum must be a better quality of faux fur?

I'm asking because I just ordered a jacket on clearance from his Platinum collection for an upcoming wedding.....but just saw one I really like from his Sterling collection......which is about twice the price since it is at full price.  

Is the Platinum collection that much better.....and therefore a real steal on clearance?

Thanks for any insight you can give me. I asked the question on the product page....but who knows whether QVC will ever publish it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Platinum vs. Sterling collections?

The Platinum Collection costs more than the other one. 

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The Platinum Collection costs more than the other one. 

Do you think the quality is that much  better? I've never bought any Basso faux fur before.....

Honored Contributor

@emma bunting

I think the Platinum collection was intended as the High End of Basso here on Q.  I think the Sterling is the in-between one.  How are the reviews for the item you want to order from the Platinum Collection?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

He mentioned this morning that the Platinum collection was a knock off from his highend runway collection.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Emma,

I don't really know.  I had no idea he did 2 collections.  Iman does the same thing on HSN.  She has her Platinum collection and her Global Chic collection. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@emma bunting

I think the Platinum collection was intended as the High End of Basso here on Q.  I think the Sterling is the in-between one.  How are the reviews for the item you want to order from the Platinum Collection?

RAVE reviews! I think pretty much all 5 star reviews. Here is the item I orderd http://www.qvc.com/Dennis-Basso-Platinum-Collection-Faux-Fox-Chubb.product.A259796.html?upsh=1&sc=A2...

(but I had to get it in XL which I think might be big. I'm a large I think)

QVC's video didn't work for me...so here is the link to the youtube video. I think you need to see the video to see how nice the jacket it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCMsPN0VCxc

Here is the new Sterling jacket I'm wondering if I might like better because it seems a little more casual and I'm not sure I want anything that makes me look "fluffier" than I already am! lol. http://www.qvc.com/Dennis-Basso-Sterling-Collection-Faux-Mink-Short-Jacket.product.A284852.html?sc=A...

What say you ladies????  Which one?

Respected Contributor

I like!! 

When Jacque put it on she looked stunning. It is very flattering.

Super Contributor

@Melania wrote:

I like!! 

When Jacque put it on she looked stunning. It is very flattering.

Which one do you like better though! lol. THAT is the burning question!  The chubby fox one (platinum) or the new Sterling mink one?

I like them both and can't decide! lol