Honored Contributor

Re: Dennis Basso Fashion

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes 

Thank you for posting this!  I, too, am a Graver & Isaac lover & have seen several Basso items I'd like to try, but don't know about the fit.  Do you find that you wear the same size in Basso that you do in Graver & Isaac?

Shipping to/from Hawaii is so expensive that I HATE having to return things.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

I have a jacket and matching pants from DB that fits perfect and is in a good quality fabric.  I'm just wondering if he's getting out of the faux fur coats and vests.  I'm really in the market for a new faux coat and vest and nothing seems to be available.    Does anyone know?

Dennis Basso coats have gotten me through some VERY rough times in the past, both for temperature based and morale based reasons. 

Before I retired I was working in a very cold area that was sometimes 5-6° COLDER than where I was living. Dennis's coats were warmer than anything else I could buy, and they never failed to draw compliments, no matter how otherwise thrown together I looked.

Morale? I was 100 pounds overweight, my mother was slowly dying, and I was in a fruitless professional setting. A cozy coat? My favorite "fix"!

Since then, my visits to my beloved Q have been far less frequent. I'm busier than ever, occupied with many other things.....so the other day, I happen to be online and spy a cute multi use Basso jacket, at a "steal" price. Some of the reviews were pretty savage, but I jumped anyway.

I'M SO GLAD I DID! I wore the jacket to Church (freezing) last night. 

BINGO! Cozy, light weight, a little "retro", in short, JUST MY SPEED!

If Dennis is moving in other directions and pulling back on coats/jackets, I'm set with my current collection. Then again, if a Basso jacket happens to show up once in a while, I'll be giving it a look!

Hope you make the connection, @bootsanne !

Respected Contributor

I bought A DB denim jacket years and years ago in black for winter and it still looks  in great shape and I wear it all winter long and I live in Mass and it gets real cold. it has a button out faux  mink lining. I get tons of compliments on it every time. I never bought anything else from his line. He also does beautiful wedding dresses his dresses are shown on  "Say , Yes to the Dress "many times.

Super Contributor

I just received DB soutache lace jacket with faux leather trim.  OMG it's stunning!  I rarely even look at DB items.  I am a Linea devotee. However, DB has become a new favorite of mine.  

Respected Contributor
My wedding dress was Dennis Basso. I think he really gets fitting clothes for plus size women.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWifewrote:

Thank you for posting this! I, too, am a Graver & Isaac lover & have seen several Basso items I'd like to try, but don't know about the fit. Do you find that you wear the same size in Basso that you do in Graver & Isaac?

Shipping to/from Hawaii is so expensive that I HATE having to return things.

Yes to your question regarding same size in Basso fashion as in SG and Isaac's fashions. I hope that helps