Honored Contributor

I have a few Denim & Co. items that I love.  

But to me, most D & C items are too bland, or too full of dense prints, too-high necklines, or horizontal stripes for my taste.  Plus, their colors are usually very basic, which is fine, but I look for more interesting hues so I can style it with my other clothes.  So I'd say about 75 -80% of D & C items I am not interested in purchasing. 

But I am thrilled (so far) with the new Naturals collection!  It looks easy, carefree, cool, and will go with so many other things I already own.  I purchased several items yesterday.  I think the prices for them were fantastic.  I hope it continues to have its separate identity from the regular line, and grows with many more styles.

Esteemed Contributor

You know I have read many times that things will be "much more expensive" if made in the USA.  I tend not to believe that.  In my case, I don't mind paying a few extra bucks for something of better quality and supporting my fellow Americans.  If it's supposedly so much "cheaper" to have items made in China then why are the prices marked up so much???  It's made cheaper but yet we are charged a much higher mark up!  JMHO.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper  Exactly WHY I buy D&C. I dress like a mortician. I mainly wear black all of the time.

I have tried buying color, prints or stripes & I feel so ridiculous when I wear them. 

So if I see something cute in D&C I check to see if it comes in black. 

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1  I love black too!  Call it mortician chic Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

It is odd to me that QVC hardly ever offers even 10 percent off.  No specials to speak of, only easy pay, which is nothing.  No coupons, no customer reward programs, nada, zip, goose egg, nothing.

Isn't that a little tacky for people who regularly buy from them?  I think so!  People who buy regularly should certainly get discounts for loyalty.  That would go a LONG way with me. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

It is odd to me that QVC hardly ever offers even 10 percent off.  No specials to speak of, only easy pay, which is nothing.  No coupons, no customer reward programs, nada, zip, goose egg, nothing.

Isn't that a little tacky for people who regularly buy from them?  I think so!  People who buy regularly should certainly get discounts for loyalty.  That would go a LONG way with me. 

@Sooner I agree!  A customer reward program plus more free shipping would really go a long way!  Almost every other retail business has some kind of customer appreciation  or coupons.

Easy pay is not a discount!

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner I agree!  A customer reward program plus more free shipping would really go a long way!  Almost every other retail business has some kind of customer appreciation  or coupons.

Easy pay is not a discount!

@haddon9 Easy pay is a pain because you can't figure out how it works and how much you have paid and when you pay etc. etc. etc.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner Yes it's complicated if you have many with all of the different payments & different months.  I'm trying to reduce mine and haven't added to my Q card since the beginning of the year. 

Esteemed Contributor

I know everyone loves Gary and his design team - but I haven't cared for Denim & Co. for a long time. The designs are just not contemporary enough, nor stylish enough, plus the quality has gone downhill...... I used to love Denim & Co. as well as Dialogue back in the day, but not now. I didn't watch one show yesterday.

Esteemed Contributor

@IdahoGram wrote:

If they stop getting most items from China the prices will only get much higher.  Most people I know plan to boycott "made in China" products.  Bett5er buy what you need now.

Why would we do that? I'd rather pay a higher price for a better quality garment that's made anywhere else than China.