Honored Contributor

Re: Denim clothing with raggedy hems --- What are your thoughts?

Being an old hippie I like the frayed hems.  IMO clothiers should have a little bit of everything for everyone, such as bell bottoms, straight leg, skinny leg, boot cut, frayed, etc.  Some times I have to hunt and hunt to find "my" style clothing, which is as eclectic as my house style.  I am 72 yrs old and I dont want to dress like my grandma did, nor do I want to dress like my granddaughter, but I certainly would like more choices.  Just wait ladies until you get my age and try to look stylish and good.  No one and I mean no one makes clothing geared towards savy seniors.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I was part of the hippie crowd back in the day with the frayed hems, but they don't appeal to me now, at this stage of my life.

ETA: But I have no problem with others who like the return of this trend wearing them!

LOL

Are you excited about "Savannah Charm"?  I am!!!!

@winamac1

Hey my friend!Heart

Hopefully it will show some of the charm and beauty our city has!

You should come down and visit, I make an excellent tour guide since I've lived here for the majority of my life, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I dunno..........when I was in college........(in the 60's), we cut off our jeans, and the sleeves of sweatshirts, too.............so it's not a "new" thing.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

I am not a fan of this look at all.  It looks raggedy and makes the wearer look bummy.

Respected Contributor

I am not a fan by any means of the holes and sliced legs, ragged hem jeans in any way, shape or form.

I am all for whatever trend works for others. If they like it..hey great.

If we ever wore them to school and out like that other than play clothes people would of felt sorry for us.

That said LOL you knew that was coming ...in this case there is a time and place if one must succumb to this trend lol..

Not for job interviews, not on the job as office casual day attire...I don't want to go do business at a financial institution, Town Clerk, DMV, Insurance Co etc and see the staff in ripped jeans with holes.  But that is just me - old fashioned? Old School? 

But then again I am not a fan of just because you have PJ Pants with whatever picture all over doesn't mean I want to see them out in Public either.

Honored Contributor

@SaRina If I saw someone looking that dirty I wouldn't want to sit anywhere they sat.it looks like they want us to get comfortable with construction jobs requiring heavy labor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I was part of the hippie crowd back in the day with the frayed hems, but they don't appeal to me now, at this stage of my life.

ETA: But I have no problem with others who like the return of this trend wearing them!

LOL

Are you excited about "Savannah Charm"?  I am!!!!

@winamac1

Hey my friend!Heart

Hopefully it will show some of the charm and beauty our city has!

You should come down and visit, I make an excellent tour guide since I've lived here for the majority of my life, LOL!

I would LOVE to....And hubby and I would get a hotel to not inconvenience you!

I so want to visit your city (and you, of course)!   We could have lunch! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I am NOT young and destressed jeans have been a look as long as I can remember, and I think will be for a long long time to come.  It celebrates the nature of jeans and their hard-working heritage, as well as a fun look for casual wear. 

Trusted Contributor

To me, raggedy hems seem so sloppy and unkept.

Same goes for the jeans with the holes in them.  And my daughter loves them.  UGH.

And the new muddy jeans?  I can't imagine someone paying over $400 for them. 

Woman Surprised

Valued Contributor

I just threw away 2 pair of jeans b/c the hems were getting frayed.  While I would not want to wear them, if I donated them, someone would be happy to have them.  Who knew.