Valued Contributor

I bought a fleece jacket with a hood that has always been very popular and sells out very quickly.  I was lucky to catch the presentation the day they had them.  I have 3 others and I love them.  this time I thought I would purchase the popular color called WINE.  I got it today and it is PURPLE.  Not WINE, not burgandy, not maroon and certainly not wine. It is about as purple as purple can get.  If you like purple this is the color for you. WHY are the colors so misleading?? Im thinking maybe it is my TV set.  we do not have HD. purple is purple. eggplant purple, ugh.

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and co. again.....

@christine03878 wrote:

I bought a fleece jacket with a hood that has always been very popular and sells out very quickly.  I was lucky to catch the presentation the day they had them.  I have 3 others and I love them.  this time I thought I would purchase the popular color called WINE.  I got it today and it is PURPLE.  Not WINE, not burgandy, not maroon and certainly not wine. It is about as purple as purple can get.  If you like purple this is the color for you. WHY are the colors so misleading?? Im thinking maybe it is my TV set.  we do not have HD. purple is purple. eggplant purple, ugh.

I don't blame you.  The color purple on clothing especially outer clothes are just....yukky.  I do recall reading somewhere else on the boards about purchasing the color "wine" and turning out to be more purple. The only color I do find misleading is the "wine" color  and yes....they've come in as purple.

Honored Contributor

What's even worse (to me)........is too many dark-deep purple decorations on birthday cakes.  (Gee, another negative comment.  What's wrong with me today? lol)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@so so  I've found the same thing with a couple of other items by Denim & Co they say is 'fall wine' or wine, heathered wine.  When I rcvd the item(s) yes they too were more purple.  So bummed & griped because I then had to return whatever I ordered.  They were by no means wine, burgundy or the like.

Honored Contributor

Not on today more schedule changes

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Not on today more schedule changes

Because today is a mandatory, pre-Christmas junk day. no talking

Respected Contributor

How disappointing.  You must have been surprised when you opened the item.

Could you exchange for another color you don't have?  I know you pay return shipping, but you pay no shipping for the exchanged item when it comes to you.

Valued Contributor

checked yesterday. everything is sold out or on waitlist. I have it hanging up where I can go past it a few times a day hoping I get used to the color. NOPE not happening. if it  was LILAC/ soft purple, then we have a winner. so the moral of the story is............. wine is purple. (according to Denim and company standards)

another color that seems to be incosistent on the Q is shades of OLIVE. some of them have a grey undertone. that is a tricky one as well.