Regular Contributor

Re: Denim and Company this morning

it was nice to see a thread pretty much about unimportant stuff.  I agree D&C is not worthy of extra zeroes.  Actually lately D&C has become so old ladyish.  I'm very disappointed in all of the clothing on the Q even Joan Rivers.  Very stale and so three or four years ago.  The stuff on SG right now is just horrible.

Respected Contributor

I think many times a particular piece of clothing in and of itself is not "old ladyish" -- a lot has to do with the way in which it is styled and combined with other items. Like most lines, D&Co has some really cute things and some clunkers. But the basic styles remind me of a combination of LL Bean, Lands' End, and even Talbots (and I am a big Talbots shopper). I do understand that some retailers or lines don't hold any appeal for some people, which is absolutely fine. For the rest of us, we just have to pick and choose the items that do speak to us.

Disclaimer: I don't purchase from QVC, but I enjoy listening to a few of the D&Co shows in the background because some of the classic, casual styles appeal to me. (For example, I love denim, stripes, a pretty gingham blouse, etc. I just ignore the loud prints and bright colors that are not "me" -- it's a very large, diverse line.)

Valued Contributor

When they say that I think they are referencing New York or other big cities where prices are exorbitant. But then so are most salaries. It's a different world.