Respected Contributor

Denim and Company original waist pants

I've worn the original waist pants for so long and have the pants, crop pants, capri's all different colors. They are my comfort zone and I just haven't ventured out to even try and find anything else.

I know Gary said they were trying to find a new company to make them, but has anyone, in the meantime, found a substitute in case they don't ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim and Company original waist pants

Pull-on jeans.  Many of them are now very soft since they may contain polyester and rayon in addition to cotton and Spandex.  You can buy them in weights comparable to the original waist pants, with short lengths for summer.

They don't wrinkle in the laundry, stretch out or attract animal fur as the original waist pants do.  I switched over to jeans several years ago and have been much happier with them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Pull-on jeans.  Many of them are now very soft since they may contain polyester and rayon in addition to cotton and Spandex.  You can buy them in weights comparable to the original waist pants, with short lengths for summer.

They don't wrinkle in the laundry, stretch out or attract animal fur as the original waist pants do.  I switched over to jeans several years ago and have been much happier with them.

@Kachina624   Any particular brand?  I'm shaped like a weeble so I have to be careful with fit through the belly.

Honored Contributor

Yes. I got some from Blair are almost identical. Only difference I see is that the pockets have lining. Not many color choices as QVC.
Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
Yes. I got some from Blair are almost identical. Only difference I see is that the pockets have lining. Not many color choices as QVC.

@ALRATIBA   Do they run the same in sizing?  I wear a large in D&C perfectly in everything. 

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama   When you have time look over the D&C jeans and check the garment measurements.  I like the Easy Stretch they've recently introduced.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Georgiagrama   When you have time look over the D&C jeans and check the garment measurements.  I like the Easy Stretch they've recently introduced.

@Kachina624   Thank you so much.  I will definitely take a look. They sound comfortable.

Valued Contributor

I found some similar at Kohls . A little heavier denim but all the rest the same . They only have navy denim black and light denim , no colors .  But after washing , l can't tell one from another . Priced well , with % off and other discounts .

Honored Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

Blair uses numbered sizes ... check ther size chart.  

With QVC's two numbrer sizing, i.e. M = 10/12 .... I wear the 10 in the number size at Blair for elastic waist pants.

So - it depends on which side of the 14/16 you fall.  Is QVC large is snug - go with the 16.  If QVC Large tends to be looser ... go with the 14.  

------------------------------------------------------------

@Georgiagrama wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@ALRATIBA   Do they run the same in sizing?  I wear a large in D&C perfectly in everything.