Esteemed Contributor

Re: Denim and Company - no more Carolyn, drastically higher prices

Seems to me that Q keeps trying to cater to the younger folks, while alienating their older, long-time, established customers.

They already lost me as a buying customer. Getting rid of favorites Dan and Carolyn just sealed the deal.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

An article popped up yesterday on my phone that QVC laid off 400 employees.  What a loss for even a great many behind the camera.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@just wonder   The only thing that keeps me from buying D&C are the prices.  I don't care who the host is.  But for the same or better quality than D&C there are several other places to shop where the prices are much lower, i.e., Macy's, Blair, Kohl's, JCP, etc. etc. etc.

Frequent Contributor

How many times do I have to say this?  There are sellers on  E-bay that have the same D&C and more for a lot less.  Acutally they have a lot of the brands sold on QVC. 

Some even use pictures of familur modes and you can search using the QVC item number. 

If you look for the sellers who offer free shipping the prices are even better.

I got a shirt that was on sale for $48 and paid $19.98 with free shipping.  And it was an item that was sold out in my size.

Respected Contributor

My long-time enjoyable regular Tuesday 10am appointments with Carolyn and Gary with D&C have ended...I will no longer watch Tuesday mornings.  Will not watch Julia on any program!

Honored Contributor

I watched half of the show but there is no chemistry between the two....seemed awkward.

Honored Contributor

Instead of watching D & Co. this Tuesday morning, I went out shopping to my local Kohl's & Marshall's. I watched one video presentation of Julia & Gary from the show. It was ok. It will take awhile for me to get used to her - if I keep watching. Might just check new arrivals on air instead. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm a big shopper and not a fan of anyone. The closest I come to being a "fan" is I can watch a particular host instead of having to change channels b/c they're so awful. 

I always could watch Carolyn: she had a pleasant voice and a nice way of selling. It makes me angry when I want to watch a show b/c I'm interested in the merchandise for buying, and I can't do it b/c the host is unbearable.

The Q has lost a lot of money w/o my used to be many purchases. I see it as they don't care, so I don't care either and will go elsewhere. I'm not looking for singing, dancing, hooping and hollering. I don't and will not watch their new direction. Hosts are not my friends, acquaintances, or family. Let go whomever you want, but bring on professional hosts, or you might as well say good-bye!

Spoiler